My story, 21 and receding hairline, need help

hello

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive been lurking for awhile but not posting much. Over the last 2.5 years, my hair has been falling out in the shower. About 1 year ago, it was coming out in gobs, and I was really getting worried. EVery day more seemed to fall out whenever I would rub my head or comb my hair.

I went to a Dr and got prescribed propecia, took it for about 3 months, and didnt notice much change, although the side effects were too much for me. Depression, felt dizzy, lazy/apathetic, big decrease in libido .. so I started taking 1 every other day, and slowly quit over the next month. To me, it wasnt worth the side effects.

Well now 3 months later, my hair not falling out as much, but I still feel spots that are thinner on my head, and have recession (around a NW2 or 2.5) .. It only falls out now when I wash my hair, every 2 or 3 days usually, and about 50-75 hairs if I had to make a guess. Should I pursue some other kind of treatment ? Im very cautious about some of these treatments though as Ive read mixed things about results/side effects. Thanks in advance :)

One last thing, I was looking into rogaine and on the box it says 'not for receding hairline' ...? Is it more for loss in the crown?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hello said:
Hey guys,

Ive been lurking for awhile but not posting much. Over the last 2.5 years, my hair has been falling out in the shower. About 1 year ago, it was coming out in gobs, and I was really getting worried. EVery day more seemed to fall out whenever I would rub my head or comb my hair.

I went to a Dr and got prescribed propecia, took it for about 3 months, and didnt notice much change, although the side effects were too much for me. Depression, felt dizzy, lazy/apathetic, big decrease in libido .. so I started taking 1 every other day, and slowly quit over the next month. To me, it wasnt worth the side effects.

Well now 3 months later, my hair not falling out as much, but I still feel spots that are thinner on my head, and have recession (around a NW2 or 2.5) .. It only falls out now when I wash my hair, every 2 or 3 days usually, and about 50-75 hairs if I had to make a guess. Should I pursue some other kind of treatment ? Im very cautious about some of these treatments though as Ive read mixed things about results/side effects. Thanks in advance :)

One last thing, I was looking into rogaine and on the box it says 'not for receding hairline' ...? Is it more for loss in the crown?

Rogaine works everywhere, it's just not as effective in the front.