My Story: 22, Finasteride Shed And Itch

DC0931

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. Fairly new here. I am 22 going into 23, always had very thin hair, started to recede maybe at 20 or something. Father has heavily receded hairline yet still has hairs and minimal if no crown loss at 43. I for myself would describe my pattern as an NW2-2,5 with what i see is a bald spot with a 'line' going from it but people tell me they can't really see it. Anyways, down to business. Started finasteride 4 months ago, which is when i really started to shed for the first time. Where i lost 3-4 hair shampooing before I now lose 10-12, with another 5 while drying and 5-10 while putting gel. I also seem to have loss in body hair, but who cares about those really. No balls ache or nothing, erections are 'harder to start' meaning they start by themselves but need help to reach full potential, in which case they stay hard so everything's good for me (morning wood really rare now but oh well). What bothers me is that shedding and the ITCH. Oh man, never had male pattern baldness itch before, now am itching, mostly in my hairline and crown, and that can be unbearable (I also use regenepure NT ed and DR 2 times a week). As for the shedding, well it sucks, and weird things is I have the impression of having lost a LOT of density, while new hairs seem to be sprouting in my hairline (again, new hairs or miniaturization?) and i can also feel new guys beneath my hair. So, is that normal? I understand everyone reacts differently and the thing with riding it out for a year at the very least, but I really don't want to make it worse, and that itch is killing me. Thanks for answers!

Last edited:

rymnd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on finasteride 0.5mg for 2 weeks and I also feel the itchy scalp and experience the shedding. Im 19 years old btw with aggressive male pattern baldness.