My story. 25 Years old

Pinrouge

Reaction score
Hi
First I'm 25 and I am french canadian (Québec)
My father has brown/black hairs and he is Norwood 6 and all his brothers too. On my mother side there is no of hair loss on males and alot of blond hairs. My little brother is clearly more blad then me and he is 23 years old. He started lossing his hair like 1.5 years ago but it goes very fast on him. He don't take any treatment except a natural shampoo.
I started losing my hair slowly 2-3 years ago. I did notting for a while But I am on minoxidil 5% since about 8 month, nizoral 2% 4 month and now finasteride 0,5 mg since yesterday. I actualy dont have side effect but if I get some I will stop right away. I do take avalon shampoo, biotine 1000 mg and some other natural suplements. I know it dont help my hair from falling but im sur it make them more thick.
Feel free if you have comment or sugestion!! And sorry for my written. DSCN2092 - Copie-002.JPGDSCN2094-001.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2094-001.JPG
    DSCN2094-001.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 535
  • DSCN2092 - Copie-002.JPG
    DSCN2092 - Copie-002.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 559

Austin:316

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems to me like you are doing all the right things. My advice would be to stick to the that regimen and see how it goes. Take similar photos in a few months and compare them to the ones you have taken now to see if you have made progress. From what I know there will be a shed at around the 3 month mark but that hair will grow back thicker. I think you are taking action at the right time and should be successful.

Pinrouge

Reaction score
Thanks for that encouraging post Austin, I will post my pictures here.
Also I did not said that the crown zone is still very fine but a little attack.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Your english is fine man dont worry! And yeah you are doing everything possible with treatment. Just be patient now. You might shed in the beginning but just ride it out.

Pinrouge

Reaction score
About 1 week under finasteride. Can't say I have any side effect from now. Libido, erection, sperm is exacly the same as before. No brain fog or loss of energy yet. Just hopping it will be effective on my hairs! thanks all for comments! I was wondering what could I add to my diet, I'm alredy on biotine and pumking oil, is there other ''must to have''?

Pinrouge

Reaction score
Little update. Little more than a month on 0.5 finasteride daily. I have clearly started shedding but it look like the little hair produce by minoxidil have growth. Not sure about it but it kinda looks like that. You can see those little hair on the picture following. But there is some wierd thing about fina that stress me out: gain of libido! And my ejaculation is bigger!? Have you expenrience that? I dont really understand how it can do that! Last question: my hair are getting long by now and I want to let it grow for the summer. They get dirty pretty fast and I wash them every day, do you thing long hair are more affect by DHT? thanksIMG_20160403_151602792.jpg

g.i joey

Reaction score
pinrouge, pm me bro were both from mtl quebec. Kinda embarrassing but its cool to know someone from mtl who takes finasteride (besides my bro)

James92

Reaction score
Shed

Would you say your shed is quite dramatic or is it a subtle shed so far? I am just under your age so I think like yourself I'll start taking action to try and slow down the hair loss at least!

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, I'm in Mtl too.
Do you know if your cousins on father side have hair loss too?

checkbienca

Reaction score
another montreal person checkin' in. keep up the regimen and take pictures monthly to monitor changes (preferably in similar lighting/angles).

Lawrence85

Reaction score
another montreal person checkin' in. keep up the regimen and take pictures monthly to monitor changes (preferably in similar lighting/angles).

Great tip, I really confused myself taking pictures of my head for about two weeks. I realized (twards the end of my evaluation of my hair before I shaved it) that I was in different lighting conditions. Felt like the whole thing was a waste.

Pinrouge

Reaction score
Would you say your shed is quite dramatic or is it a subtle shed so far? I am just under your age so I think like yourself I'll start taking action to try and slow down the hair loss at least!
I would say yes but it can be cause by changing of season too! I remember a massive shed last year at spring. I have already read that early shedding with fina is a good thing... hope so!!

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, I'm in Mtl too.
Do you know if your cousins on father side have hair loss too?

No much cousins on that side but yep they do. All my father brother have nw6

Hi every Quebecer! but I'm not exacly from MTL, I'm more in the east of Qc

Pedrof

Reaction score
Some stuff my sis sent me from DOminican republic

I been using some stuff my sis sent me from DR... I put the remedy, put a hot towel on my head for 10 min, then rinse it out... Got new growth and thickness...

regards

Pinrouge

Reaction score
Still on finasteride, still don't have sides effect and still shed! I'm now on 5000mg biotin / day. I wonder if biotin at 5000mg can be bad for the body?