My Story (30 year old) - with pictures

dx_345

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So, just wanted to share my story and get everyone's feedback. Should I get on fincar? And if so, what dose should I be taking? Fincar is supposed to stop the hairless, correct? I've been reluctant on getting on fincar due to the side effects but I'm afraid if I don't do anything right now, it may become worse.

So, I've been thinning for quite some time now. I just showered and took some pictures so figured I'd share them. Hair is dry, and it doesn't look bad from the top, crown area. What's really showing is the frontal. As you can see, my hairline is completely gone and it looks like it's slowly and gradually creeping its way back.

I usually avoid wind and sun (lol) just because if I"m under the sun, the scalp shows right through. I'm considering just doing a really close buzzcut all around and see how that works out.

On an average day, my hair can look quite thick because i use fiber concealer and a bunch of hairspray (Tresseme) to keep it in place but as soon as I shower and wash everything away, it looks very thin and fine. Caboki doesn't help with the hairline though but I managed a few tricks and such on styling my hair to give off the impression that my hairline is somewhat there (from a distance) but from up close, you can probably tell my hairline is gone.

Anyhow, just wanted everyone's thoughts.

side_1.jpg top_1.jpg top_2.jpg unnamed-5.jpg unnamed.jpg

violetfluff

Reaction score
Fincar comes as 5mg finasteride tablets so it would be easiest for you to quarter the tablet and take a daily dose of 1.25mg. There is a high probability that it will halt your hairloss and a moderate chance of regrowth, if you require more regrowth you may need to use minoxidil in addition to fincar.