My story - 30 year old.

mycowsaysmeow

Reaction score
Hi.
I made a few post prior about being on 1mg of finasteride when I was early 20s and got off it for 5-6 years and now 30 and first week back on it. I will try to post my progress as much as I can here.

I do have a question, where am i on Norwood scale?

06/25/2015
top.jpgtop 2.jpg

Regimen:
Nizoral 2% - twice a week since early 20s
finasteride 1mg - June 13, 2015
///~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 11, 2015
finasteride 1.25 mg
Nizoral 2% twice a week
20150811_002311.jpg20150811_002314.jpg20150811_002317.jpg

I don't see much improvements. I will add minx after 6 month point if there isn't any changes.

October 12, 2015
finasteride 1.25 mg
Nizoral 2% twice a week
5000mcg of Biotin for about ~2weeks.
20151012_204201 (2).jpg20151012_204213 (2).jpg

Apologies for lack of update but here is my progress.
I do notice front follicles are stronger but no coverage. I will wait until a bit further before taking rogaine.

Thanks.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
You should have good results.

I have a few questions :
How did your hair loss evolve when you got off finasteride ? Would you say it got faster/slower/same ?
How long did it take you to get below baseline again ?

I agree with the post above, you have diffuse thinning coupled with some hairline recession, it's hard to tell your Norwood, it doesn't matter anyway.

Good luck.

mycowsaysmeow

Reaction score
Vlatch - When I was off finasteride (propecia) I would say it slowed down my hair loss since I was shedding excessively back in HS/College and my prediction was visibility balding at 25. This might be attributed to Nizoral as I never took it out of my routine, which might have slowed it down a bit for me. I would say my hair loss probably became more noticeable from 28 until now (30) as my barber of ~2 years mentioned he noticed a density change in my hair.

Again it varies from individuals which leads me to my next story. My barber did not know I was on Propecia in my 20s (obvious) but he advise me to take it as he had a client that had GREAT results on it. He said he came back with a full set of hair but went off it due to wanting to have a child with his wife and fear any side effects. He said once the guy was off it he went back to his previous state very quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Question for people who shift dosages well I notice a change in side effects from finasteride 1mg (generic) to proscar 1.25mg (generic) ?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That barber guy was most likely talking about someone who was on propecia and minoxidil, it can take a good severeal months before you start looking your gains from propecia and even then that can take aong while for you to be back at square one. Minoxidil on the other hand can be horrendous, you can loose everything pretty much the moment you stop and over maybe a month. I say get on them both, minoxidil is in inredible for diffuse thinning and propecia best long term. Just my opinion.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, it's hard to conclude what you are on the Norwood scale by only looking at pictures of your hairline; however, you clearly have diffused thinning. Propecia is going to be the best option at keeping the hair that you have left, and if you're a good responder to Finasteride, you'll get good regrowth without needing anything else.

I say get on them both, minoxidil is in inredible for diffuse thinning and propecia best long term. Just my opinion.

I agree that Minoxidil is incredible for diffused thinning. I suffer from diffused thinning and recession and Minoxidil helps so much, even on my hairline and temples where the hair follicles are very sensitive.

mycowsaysmeow

Reaction score
Thank you all for replies... I kinda want to wait before adding minoxidil, so my question is that typically how long will I know if 1mg -1.25mg of finasteride is going to give me regrowth or just save what I currently have?

@agustin do you have an pictures of of progression?

coolasice

Reaction score
Reply pls

Hey I'm 18, I've been using Minoxidil from last 5 months. I wasn't actually losing hair but my head kinda looked like men hairline lose pattern so I went to a Doctor and he gave me 2% Minx. I went to the same Doctor 1 month ago and now he has given me 5%. I've not experienced any regrowth. Can I stop now after 5 months? Since I've not experienced any regrowth I won't lose my natural hair because of Minx right? Please help me I'm freaked out :'(. BTW I've not been using it from last 3 days, because I was lazy. Please help me out bros.