My Story - Adivce Needed!!

TonyTee

Reaction score
Hi Dudes N Dudettes,

I have been loosing hair at a worrying rate since having started Accutane approx 3 years back, which I used for approx 5 months. I since (approx 6 months ago) started to reach a stage where ive become very uncomfortable with my loss and had to razor my hair off every now and again. After each shave the re-growth has been less and less. I have noticed that I have sparse amounts of longer hairs (approx 1.3cm long) surrounded by more generous amounts of tiny stubble. I don’t feel that these stubble are particularly strong but are still rough to the touch however they never seems to actually grow! During my hair loss its never seemed to me that any of my hairs ever went thin, but more so that they were either there at full thickness or completely gone. To the look id say im approximately a Norwood 5A. If the stubble were full hairs then id say id be approx a Norwood 2/3 and wouldn’t be too concerned with my loss. I began using Propecia approx 2 months ago and the last time I shaved my hair was approx a month ago. I have however been noticing this pattern ever since my first shave. I have searched for information regarding this but have been unsuccessful and therefore would appreciate your expertise on the matter. Also to add, not so long before starting Accutane I jumped on the Pantothenic Acid (B5) megadosing (8-10grams daily) bandwagon as detailed in http://www.vilantae.se/norsk/medical_study.htm for a few months which I stopped in favour of the Accutane. I think maybe this could also have a relation to my loss. Also I am scheduled for a hair transplant very soon, looking at a figure of approx 4000 grafts.

I would appreciate if anyone could help shed some light on my situation, more so in regards to the stubble and longer hairs and also if starting the Propeica and the hair transplant is a wise path to take.

Thanks, TonyTee :(

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah if I were you I'd get on Rog, finasteride, and Nizoral asap. Pics would be nice to see how your hair is doing.

TonyTee

Reaction score
I have started on Propecia, however am a bit skeptical about mioxidil tried it for like 4 months one and I felt that there areas I was using it on were going thinner so I just dropped it. Although I will admit I did miss applications at time and wasnt allways sticking to the twice a day routine. As for Nizoral how can that help, does anyone have good results using it? I currently use a shampoo by Loreal called Regenium XY, which is good at thickening up the hair, I did use Nizoral at one stage but I normally wash my hair more than 3 times a week and its recommended that you only use that twice to three times a day and the Regenium XY seems to thickin the hair more so Im unsure wheter to switch back to nizoral. It might be just that Nizoral is a better long term soultion however when you have something that helps you for the now its hard to switch.

Also any explanation why strangs of longer healthy looking har surrounded by loads of tiny stublle. Im worried that either they are on their was out or just wont grow??

I would apprecaite if anyone could offer any advice based on own experiences.

Thanx...

TonyTee

Reaction score
TYPO ABOVE

Also can anyone offer any explanation why I have strandss of longer healthy looking hair surrounded by loads of tiny stublle which doesnt seem to grow at all. Im worried that either they are on their was out or just wont grow anymore??

Someone suggested they might be hairs in telogen phase however I dont seem to understand that concept very well and I thought when a hair is resting it is acutally fully shed rather than being stubble.

Thanx...