My Story And Questions About minoxidil/regrowth

DC0931

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. Kinda new to this, never thought i would actually post but hey, why not. So here's my story. I had thin (like really thin) hair ever since i was a kid. Started receding at maybe18-19, but since my father had receded to maybe a NW2-border 3 with no vertex (he is now in his forties) I never thought twice about it. Started to notice the receding getting heavier about 6 months ago (I am 22), so i tried regenepure, which I used everyday (not recommended) which I think made my hair really bad/thinner. Also started to see crown loss a little, so I decided to get on finasteride about a week ago, with regenepure DT once or twice a week and regenepure NT+conditionner everyday. No improvements whatsoever for now, which is normal, no sides either. What I am actually wondering after this long post (Sorry about that, thanks for reading to that point) is; Do I get on minoxidil now, and hope for some regrowth, and since I am young maybe go back to almost-no-male pattern baldness style, or do i wait and maybe get those results on finasteride? Am i waisting time not being on minoxidil when hair is still regrowable? _And what about this massive minoxidil shed, my hair is thin but still long on top, would it mess everything up? Thank you if someones read that through and answers, really appreciated.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's advised to wait a few months to a year after starting finasteride to start minoxidil. For many people minoxidil doesn't do anything and if you start it now you won't know if it's doing anything or it's just the finasteride. Thus you will probably have to continue buying minoxidil and it might be doing nothing.

DC0931

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the answer. Do you think minoxidil shed might be less intense because of finasteride intake, hence stronger hair=les shed ? Is crown regrowth possible with finasteride? (my crown 'spot' is pretty much visible under light, since the hair are less and thin, but there are definitely hair there, aka not visible in the dark)