My story at 23

jk1okay

Reaction score
Started getting aggressive DUPA since 21. Am 23 now. Brother is bald by 26. Tried finasteride for 1 month at 20 but got scared due to ball ache / potential sides

Been on since dec 25th 2015

Am taking:
.5mg finasteride
1% nioxin
2 ml 5% minoxidil
5g OptiMSM
50mg Zinc picolinate
Hair skin & nail vitamin complex

Taken right after shower
145.JPG
146.JPG
147.JPG
148.JPG
140.JPG

Been getting some frontal regrowth with minoxidil, my temples have receded a bit. Like most of us, it has ****ed my social standing due to insecurities about hair.

I'm on a 3 year old expired bottle of finasteride right now and I believe it is doing something since I got some sides (went away after 6 weeks). I may just say **** it and shave my head, do you think it will look alright?

I'd pretty much do anything to get my hair back/maintain/increase density, one temple is worse than the other so any sort of normal haircut sucks. I'm going to get another finasteride prescription here soon. Also been lifting weighs like mad and making progress with gains so safe to say it doesn't affect muscle growth to some of the naysayers.

Also what Norwood am I?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're like a Norwood 2 with diffuse thinning. I think if you stick to your regimen you should see some good regrowth.

jk1okay

Reaction score
You're like a Norwood 2 with diffuse thinning. I think if you stick to your regimen you should see some good regrowth.

Thanks Dave, so far after nearly 2 months the only thing I have noticed is minoxidil is growing black thin hairs in to my temples, I am also applying retin a .0025% on those areas. I think my hormone levels have balanced now after taking finasteride and my sides have all reversed. If anyone has any supplement tips for thickening of hairs that would be great although with my current regimen, and 200g+/- of protein daily I could be being too hard on my liver. I have been feeling some pains in that area I need to get it checked out.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Started getting aggressive DUPA since 21. Am 23 now. Brother is bald by 26. Tried finasteride for 1 month at 20 but got scared due to ball ache / potential sides

Been on since dec 25th 2015

Am taking:
.5mg finasteride
1% nioxin
2 ml minoxidil
5g OptiMSM
50mg Zinc picolinate
Hair skin & nail vitamin complex

Taken right after shower
View attachment 38132
View attachment 38133
View attachment 38134
View attachment 38135
View attachment 38136

Been getting some frontal regrowth with minoxidil, my temples have receded a bit. Like most of us, it has ****ed my social standing due to insecurities about hair.

I'm on a 3 year old expired bottle of finasteride right now and I believe it is doing something since I got some sides (went away after 6 weeks). I may just say **** it and shave my head, do you think it will look alright?

I'd pretty much do anything to get my hair back/maintain/increase density, one temple is worse than the other so any sort of normal haircut sucks. I'm going to get another finasteride prescription here soon. Also been lifting weighs like mad and making progress with gains so safe to say it doesn't affect muscle growth to some of the naysayers.

Also what Norwood am I?

your in the same position as me, im 23 also.. nw2-nw2.5 but yet i have a big forehead so it kind of makes it worst but i dont think anyone considers me as balding just yet, besides the thinness of my hair.

look man, the meds are def worth a try, if u could save yourself 5 or 6 more years, it will still be hard but knowing you've been able to stretch it longer is something u should be positive about.

btw, how is your bro doing bald? does he still get chicks/have any regrets of losing his hair without fighting?

jk1okay

Reaction score
your in the same position as me, im 23 also.. nw2-nw2.5 but yet i have a big forehead so it kind of makes it worst but i dont think anyone considers me as balding just yet, besides the thinness of my hair.

look man, the meds are def worth a try, if u could save yourself 5 or 6 more years, it will still be hard but knowing you've been able to stretch it longer is something u should be positive about.

btw, how is your bro doing bald? does he still get chicks/have any regrets of losing his hair without fighting?

Where my temples are thinning it becomes apparent I'm balding. Anyone taller than me knows I'm balding, only one person has said anything to me and that was after they were above my head and I wore a hat for 6+ hours working so it didn't look the greatest. Most people don't know or just assume my haircut is frizzy / sucks/ . Thinning hair is the worst I feel it.

My brother gets zero girls, he doesn't even talk to them. He's 6'3 and doesn't work out so he's not the greatest looker on top of being bald....(Been pushing him to go to the gym)

A girl recently broke up with me because I was insecure about being myself so I need to make a change one way or the other.

g.i joey

Reaction score
get on that finasteride and potentially save urself bro, its def worth a shot...

sucks to hear about your bro... my friends brother is bald and does AMAZINGG with ladies so i try to get enough inspiration for the day i do go bald... 1 tip. tan and beard... it wont stop you from looking bald, but it will tighten up your appearance.

- - - Updated - - -

actually, the weird thing is the only people who have pointed out my baldness are people who are balding worst than me lmao

djhair

Reaction score
If your lucky it takes a few months for hair to regrow and thicken up in areas, I'm sure you've heard this before but give it a year at least.

Never give in, defeat is not an option, stick with it and theirs nothing to be shamed about. PS don't try and hide it, you only made people more aware.

Can I ask, do you feel blood flowing around your head at all ?