My Story; Hairline Is Suddenly In Trouble

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm 23, noticed my hairline receding at 16/17. Messed around with minoxidil and saw palmetto, until about 3 years ago when I got on finasteride. From there, my crown maintained very well (it is pretty much the same as it has been since I started), and my hairline loss was slowed (or just continued with its usual slow recession).

HOWEVER, this year my hairline has, for some reason, started to deteriorate rapidly. Places that I never had to worry about before are now miniaturizing rapidly. Here are the photos I took a few weeks ago:

https://imgur.com/a/RWgbq

In the first photo, the highlighted zones are the places I'm having the most trouble. However, since taking those photos, I've noticed that the very front of my forelock has started to thin, so that there are now a few, stray wispy hairs at the very front. This is completely devastating to me; when I first realised this was happening, I almost cried. I never imagined that I'd have to worry about this spot, and my forehead is already so huge and now it's getting even bigger... When applying topicals, I do tie my fringe up tightly in a hairband, which pulls at the front, so at first I thought maybe this was causing the recession there.

In an effort to try and stop my hairline in its tracks (that's all I want, regrowth would obviously be amazing, but I'd be unbelievably happy if my hairline would just stop where it is) I've added to my regime. Here it is:

*Propecia; every day (for 2-3 years now)

*Minoxidil; twice a day (for about 8 months now)

*Regenepure DR + NT; A few times a week

*Dermaroller 1.5mm; Once a week (for 3 weeks now)

*Castor oil ORAL 1-2ml; every day (for about a month now)

*Castor oil + Ethanol; TOPICALLY every day (for a few days now)

*L'oreal SERIOXYL w/ 5% Stemoxydine; every night (for a few weeks now)

But despite all of this, my hairline is thinning and minaturising faster than ever before. It's seriously depressing, I wake up each morning and see new evidence of thinning and loss. I can't do this anymore... I have a plan where I'm going to stay on this new regime until January, at which point if nothing is better I'll consider Dutasteride. But, if things keep going at the pace they are now, by then my hairline will look awful.

Never experienced sides from finasteride, but I've noticed I've been horny as hell lately and masturbating multiple times a day (now trying NoFap, as I heard this can help).

So I don't know what to do really. Hoping beyond hope that the new Italian lotion comes out this year - but after all my efforts coming to practically nothing, I'm even thinking this lotion won't do anything for me.

Any thoughts?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If not experience side effects from propecia. Jump on dutasteride. If you got hairy facial/body you will got some reserve for initializing rest of dht to your body.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, isnt your nickname choosen cause of first generation of pokemons on gameboy? ( LOL )