My Story - Help/Advice Needed Please

Daps27

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am 26 years old and this is my story. Id try to keep it short and as detailed as possible. Id greatly appreciate any help/advice for you guys.

My hair's been receding since i was like 19 or 20 years old, although it was minor at the time and not noticeable over these last 6 years or so it has worsened gradually.

Baldness runs in my family, my dad and granddad both are/were bald. No baldness history on mom's end.

My receding started with the sides and within couple of years i lost majority of my hair in the sides. But for the last year and a half or so i have started balding at the crown area and its really gotten worse overtime.

I used to take rogaine two years back and it did work for me to an extent but then i discontinued when i didnt see major growth. In hindsight, i shouldn't have discontinued.

Then, i opted for the homeopathy treatment through Dr. Batras for the last year and i have seen very little progress to be honest i feel like its gotten worse.

I have decided to discontinue taking any homeotherapy treatments and start with rogaine or something like that again.

I recently shaved my head in hopes that probably my hair would start growing back with more density and also i was embarrassed of my receding hairline.

I have attached a few pictures of how my hairline looks as of today.

Now, im being realistic and i know ill never have a full head of hair but id like to know if i could restore some part of my hairline and get some density going near the crown area.

Currently im not on any medication, however im looking to start something which is why i need you guys advice.

Please feel free to give any advice/suggestions as to what i should start with and what my regimen should be like. Id greatly appreciate your help

- - - Updated - - -

Adding few more pictures 20150619_224418.jpg20150619_224444.jpg

Attachments

• 20150619_224404.jpg
    20150619_224404.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 175

Avocado

Reaction score
You need to tackle the cause of the problem, DHT. DHT kills your hair follicles, leading to baldness. You need a DHT blocker such as Finasteride or Dutasteride to really fix the problem. Without it, whatever you do is only a temporary band aid.

So, get on Finasteride or Dutasteride ASAP. Keep using Minoxidil because it promotes hair growth tremendously, specially in the crown area. A DHT blocker combined with Minoxidil and a shampoo containing Ketoconazole is known as The Big 3 of hair regrowth/maintenance. The Big 3 have great synergy with each other and yield great results in most people if and only if they are used religiously.

Daps27

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the advice. Im guessing Finasteride or Dutaseride is a capsule or a pill? is that right? and how many of them should i be taking a day? also should i be taking a 1 mg or a 5 mg capsule? and like you mentioned id be using Minoxidil regularly along with the shampoo. Yeah, you are right about usuing religiously which i failed to do in the past and hoping this time around i could change that.

Again, appreciate the response.

Avocado

Reaction score
Yes, it is a pill. Normally people take either 1mg or 1.25mg of Finasteride per day; I have no info on Dutasteride. You need a prescription to buy these drugs.

Minoxidil I would suggest 5% twice a day, either liquid or foam. And the shampoo, some people wash their hair three times a week, other two times a week. Ketoconazole is a harsh chemical so shampooing your hair every day is probably not a good idea. Either 1% or 2% should do the trick.

I personally would also recommend taking Biotin, which is a vitamin that helps make your hair stronger. I'm taking 9.000mcg per day.

Yes, you need to follow a strict regime for the treatment to work. If you do a half-assed treatment your hair is not going to get any better; worse still, it might get worse! Minoxidil makes you shed hair for some time to make way for "better" hair to grow. But if you discontinue applying half way through the treatment you risk shedding a lot of hair and you wont grow the "better" hair either, effectively making your baldness look worse.

This is what I have gathered from reading this forum. I myself started the treatment about 2 weeks ago. My baldness is not nearly as advanced as yours, but I have seen pictures here (search the subforum called Success Stories) with your level of baldness regrow considerable amount of hair! So don't lose hope my friend and start the treatment ASAP.

Daps27

Reaction score
Thanks for those details man, you really did give a lotta information there. I truly appreciate it. Im gonna start with Minoxidil and see if i can get my hands on Finasteride without a priscription. If not, ill go see a dermatologist but then again i have been there and usually the advice they give is complete ****. Id rather listen to people who have been there or going through. They could relate to my situation lot more than any of those so called "experts". I have decided that if im doing this, i might as well do it properly and regularly. I have very minimal or low expectations for this to actually show some results anything from this would be a positive. I just gotta be positive and hope evetually something works lol..

Daps27

Reaction score
I took your advice bro and i have started with the "Big 3". Propecia (finasteride), Minoxidil and Keato shampoo as well as Biotin. All i can do is be regular and patient. Keeping my fingers crossed. Ill update my progress.

Dago52

Reaction score
I took your advice bro and i have started with the "Big 3". Propecia (finasteride), Minoxidil and Keato shampoo as well as Biotin. All i can do is be regular and patient. Keeping my fingers crossed. Ill update my progress.

Were you able to find the finasteride without a prescription? I have the same pattern as you and thinking about starting the big 3.

Thanks