My story, hoping for best.

uspatriot16

Reaction score
Well, 26 yr old and as of the last few months i noticed major thinning. i have light blonde hair so its prob better. i have a normal hairline and the thinning is mostly right behing the forhead (behind the spiked hair in front). So march 13th 07 i started minoxidil foam 2x daily and then went to a derm and she told me to stay on minoxidil which was silly because my head is fine right now (wont be in short time). so i felt she didnt know what she was saying because i want to MAINTAIN. though she said id be a good candidate for hair transplant since im thick in back.....................
so i quit minoxidil after only 2 weeks use and now I started propecia 1mg with 2% nizoral 2x a week. noticed nothing (obviously) but i did notice i am shedding very much in my thinnig area. i run my hand through and i shed ALOT all of a sudden only in the area i fell like im thinning fast.... the Propecia gave a small ball ache for about 3 days and thats about it. ive been on Propecia for lil over a week now. hopefully things workout for me. AND ALL OF U AS WELL! i will take pics soon .

please tell me if Propecia could cause this weird shed all of a sudden?
w

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia apparently can cause a shed according to various people so dont worry.

Im still waiting for my Propecia to turn up. Grrrrr, its almost 2 weeks now since I rodered it.

uspatriot16

Reaction score
thanks for the reply "itsonlyinmyhead", im just confused because it's only been a week and change since i started propecia. unless it is a shed from the 2 weeks of rog foam i took in mid march? who knows, either way im a mess and depressed because of this. considering other meds for that.