My Story is just starting...need some help please!

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My name is Anthony and I am 24. I am been balding ever since my senior year in high school, but have managed to keep it a secret except to some people close to me. I started noticed a bad bald spot my freshman year in college, and then proceed to wear hats for about a year straight (it was college i could get away with it). Then I needed to start working, so I bought a product called Toppik to cover up my bald spots. I then began using Procerin. It did not regrow any hair, but it did seem to slow it down.

So, 5 years later, I'm using that regimen still. However, it is getting harder to cover up my bald spots because now my hairline is fading FAST. I found this sight and would like to start a new regimen...but I have some questions...

1. What is the difference between Finasteride and Dutasteride? If one is stronger, is there any reason why I should not take it? I looked up Avodart and Proscar and want to know which one to go with (or both?)

2. Has anyone heard any good things about Provillus? I saw some 'personals' online that say it works really well, but I am thinking maybe it is a scam by the makers of Provillus.

3. Is rogaine the best source of Minoxidil or is there something better?

4. I went to Hair Club for Men...anybody have any experience with them?

If anyone can take the time to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. It is getting to the point where I was just going to shave it off, but I have seen success stories on this site and might begin my own fight....Thanks!

-anthony

N

needlesting

HEy man,umm start with proscar cut it into 4 pieces ,each one is 1.25 mg finasteride that should b good for now and get some rogaine foam and finaly use nizoral shampoo 2-3 times per week, u should try these for atleast one year and most probably u will see some improvements..with regards to provillus i'd say its probably a scam,just stick with the BIG 3 (finasteride,minoxidil,nizoral)
btw do u have any pics???
good luck :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
start finasteride, minoxidil and use Nizoral shampoo then forget about the hair loss thing.

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Anthony83, make sure you stay on the big three for at least a year or more to see results, its a slow process usually.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lovemyhair said:
Anthony83, make sure you stay on the big three for at least a year or more to see results, its a slow process usually.

super slow

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help fellas...i just started minoxidil 2% liquid...I am in canada and that is all i can find. i think i am going to order rogaine foam 5% on ebay though. also...im trying to place orders online for Proscar, but am finding it difficult bc my billing address is in the US and my shipping address is in Canada since I am working here for a year on a Work Permit...do you know any good and reputable sites to order this?

i just had my first washing with Nizoral and put on my first treatment of minoxidil...it is tingling a lot and i know its going to be a long road....lets hope for the best! i might put some pics up soon.

i am moving to Belgium in April, do you think i will have any problems getting these thing abroad? take care guys!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
just dont study your hair everyday... take your treatment consistently and TRY your best to forget about this sh*t.

I know its super hard, but at least try it.

taking the big 3 is all you can do, and you might as well not stress over this sh*t day and night, I feel a lot more relaxed after I stopped thinking about it 24/7, I am very consistent with my treatments though. Best of luck bro!