My story, looking for advice. 30 y/o.

kebas239

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a 30 year old who has a receding hairline. I did not notice myself balding until i was about 29, but it's been happening very quickly. My brother and father were both bald when they were in their early 20's.

Not too long before I started losing my hair, I began to consistently have high amounts of stress in my life. These circumstances also resulted in a poor diet, lack of exercise, significant weight gain and depression, all of which I'm currently trying to correct. I'm not sure if this played a role in my hair loss or if it was going to happen anyway.

I think my "new" hairline looks terrible. It makes my head look funny, and is very high and uneven. I'm afraid to shave all of my hair off for fear that it will not look right on me with the shape of my head. I was considering taking a medication like Propecia in hopes that some hair will grow back, but I've read all these horror stories of men permanently losing their libido and having bouts of severe depression.

I guess I wanted to tell my story and see if anyone had advice. I'm new to looking for ways to treat hair loss and am not sure of the best thing to do. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Photos:

Top of head: http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/kebas239/Hair2_zpslhw3ieyd.jpg

Front of head : http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/kebas239/Hair1_zps0hr5w7qp.jpg

Last edited:

kebas239

Reaction score
Swoop, thank you for response. What stage do you think I'm at and how severe? I'm worried because I've been browsing the site and others whose hairlines appear much better off than mine are concerned.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are a norwood 3 (vertex) I would say, you are heading to 4 though. It's extremely unlikely you will regrow your hairline back (almost no chance). However with medication you will most likely keep the hair you have and probably even reinforce (strengthen) your crown, mid and frontal. For restoring your hairline you could look for a hair transplant eventually in the future.

kebas239

Reaction score
Thank you both for your advice. If it's unlikely that any of my hairline will grow back on medication, I'll just accept that I'm balding and shave it off. It's not worth taking any risk to keep a small amount of thinning hair with an uneven hairline and I don't think I'll have the finances to afford a hair transplant anytime soon. I'm not happy with this, but I think it's how it will need to be. It's just hard to take in because it's happened so quickly.

shookwun

Reaction score
I highly recommend you reconsider your 'shave it, and be done with it' approach.

medication to maintain, and just live life with the buzz.

it isnt until you loose lots of ground that you start to see the decimation on appearance hair loss contribute to. NW2-3 is manageable, but their comes a point of no return.

yager4

Reaction score
Do not give in so easily!

Hair transplantation today is something normal, for example, today Turkey has a good hair transplant reasonably priced, many in Europe and the United States go through the process in Turkey, I think if it bothers you, think about hair transplantation.