My story, need opinion, Telogen Effluvium or male pattern baldness

oggabogg

Reaction score
I basically went bold in 1 month :/

I did some letro to get rid of semi gyno, wich crushes your estrogen, somewhere I also read it could cause Telogen Effluvium.

Two weeks after my first letro pill my head started to burn and itch, I noticed 6-20 hair in my hand everytime and I knew something I was wrong, I can not recall me shedding any hair at all or even loosing if I pulled it earlier.
If I pulled my hair I could sit and pull out up to 100 hairs, it never stopped.
This went on for 3-5weeks.

Here are two pictures of my before hair:
http://i.imgur.com/YKV4630.jpg?1?1667
http://i.imgur.com/N9KrlrI.jpg?1?1347

After:
http://i.imgur.com/6CFcUUh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/95c9lR7.jpg?1?4711

THIS ALL HAPPENED IN UNDER 2 MONTHS!!
I am not joking, I could litteraly see less hair on my head as the day went on! It has stopped shedding now, but no regrowth 2 months later.

My question to you dear people is, and I hope you can answer.

Can it really be male pattern baldness? In that short amount of time?
Or is it Telogen Effluvium?

and if I am prone to male pattern baldness and get Telogen Effluvium, does it even regrow?

thanks...

- - - Updated - - -

Im losing eyebrows like crazy now also :/

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone? :(

candlelight

Reaction score
if you're losing the hair on your eyebrows it must be Telogen Effluvium maybe not? i'm not a derm. but it is weird that a scheddingfase also causes to lose your hair on your eyebrows =s
hope someone else can give some better advice :)

oggabogg

Reaction score
I have no Idea m8, thats why I am asking you guys, the derm just gave me proscar didnt even listen or look at my head.

I mean.. what else than Telogen Effluvium can cause diffuse hairloss this bad in that short amount of time?

Eyebrow loss started abit after hairloss almost stopped tho, dunno if that is relevant

thx for response :)

oggabogg

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts if it could be male pattern baldness or Telogen Effluvium? derm said only way to find out for sure was to cut out a piece of my scalp, that will leave scar and no hair in that spot.

So fckn tired of this....... ive seriously lost everything!

Hairbackpls

Reaction score
Oh man how nice hair u had :(. I feel u bro
Im pretty sure its male pattern baldness. For half year I denied my male pattern baldness too since it was very different to other peoples hairloss. Thought it could be Telogen Effluvium or something else but now i have just accepted its male pattern baldness and im gonna start using BIG GUNS.

I wouldnt cut out that piece of ur scalp if i was you.

Did you do something different at the time your hairloss started? Like had more sex than before or used any drugs or something? Do u have male pattern baldness in ur family?

oggabogg

Reaction score
Yeah I did use letro to get rid of "puffy nips" from puberty, other than that nothing, I probably had less sex, I used to have it around 10 times a week, right before it started I had alot to do with work and stuff so maybe 2-4 times a week before hairloss started.

i do have male pattern baldness in family, but hasnt started on anyone else before their 40-50's :/

oggabogg

Reaction score
BTW

Ive noticed lately that every third of my arm hair is ALOT shorter than the others. The used all to be the same length (I have alot of body hair) so I notice well. They dont seem to grow either..

could this be related to my hairloss issue?

nikko

Reaction score
Jesus it s not possible to lose so many hair in one month! It has to be something else mate.
Go to one other derm in case

oggabogg

Reaction score
Jesus it s not possible to lose so many hair in one month! It has to be something else mate.
Go to one other derm in case
Apperently it is, if you bothered to read you can see Ive allready been to derm twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Alopecia Universalis
Does very much sound like it, when you concider the symptoms, however I doubt it. I could be wrong tho.
has to be something involving the letro in some way, concidering it started right after I took that.. :(

nikko

Reaction score
Apperently it is, if you bothered to read you can see ive allready been to derm twice

yo, chill out man, you misunderstood ;)
what I meant is that it is rare to lose your hair so fast cause of male pattern baldness, this is why( hopefully) it has to be something else.
about the derms I read, do not worry,but maybe they do not know a lot about hair. Besides as far as you described it, at least one of them seemed totally but professional, dunno about the other. this is the reason why I said you maybe wanna got to others.

anyway if you have news let us know, cheer up!