My story (no pictures)

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
Been on this forum since I was 17. I started losing my hair before I lost my virginity. I couldn't remember my password for my old username so that's why I use this account. Looking at my past posts were entertaining - you could tell I was young and naive (not as much as some though).

Anyway Got side effects from Propecia - I encourage everyone to try Propecia but some of us get real side effects! I got dark circles under my eyes. I do nto care in the slightest whether you believe me or not I've seen enough photographic evidence from myself and others to know a small proportion (probably less than 1% get this side). Everyone who comes on this forum and is worried about losing their hair try Finpecia and cut it into fifths or dissolve it in vodka and take seven does of the pill. You can save your hair for less an a dollar a week.

I tried literally everything for my hair loss and I am pleased to announce my hair transplant was a success. I'm six months in now and already happy with my progress. The next year will just be a bonus. The only slight issue was their was a slight language barrier with my Belgium surgeon. My french is poor and his English was 90% fluent in my opinion. As a consequence I would of liked a few more grafts at the back but good old Caboki sorts that out for me. I unfortunately am thinning on the sides (some men with Androgenetic Alopecia get this) but my back hair is way above average donor.

Anyway I sometimes wish I could pull off the shaved look. Before my hair transplant I was walking the streets of Belgium and enjoyed having a shaved head. I felt liberated but ultimately I admit I was not strong enough to live the remainder of my twenties this way.

I understand I will need future hair transplants and am hopeful for Replicell and Histogen. I will say to all of those who lose self asteem when you lose your hair - I was sleeping with 17 and 18year olds (both legal in my country before you moan ). You just have to go for it. I understand I am quite handsome though (not bragging just everyone says it.) But don't let a bit of hair loss stop you from trying. Some girls see slight recession or a bit of thinning as sexy if you pull it off but ultimately they want guys with hair. Not going to lie.

Anyway I will say one other thing. Me and Fred the Belgium don't always get on on this forum (I disagree with him about a lot for things) but I respect him inasmuch as he is a realist. He is completely right that a lot of you will never do anything about your hairloss and continue to moan on this forum. Get off your **** and sort it out!

Looking forward to all the negative feedback from all the negative posters. Bring it on.

Ps. I miss the old school posters like CCS and S.a.f . Hope they are well wherever they are.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jimmy, very happy for you. Your positivity is refreshing. I do miss s.a.f and CCS too. Life is a cycle, someday they may come back.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
Why no pictures?
And you can tell who is the surgeon.

My head was shaved before my procedure. You cannot tell what is the new growth really. Even I cannot tell to a certain extent. The second reason is I am lazy - the truth. I have to much going on in my life and it's not a high priority. I would rather not disclose the surgeon but it was one from Belgium on the Hair Transplant Network recommendation list. So from that you can deduce from about 4/5. If you are from Europe go to Belgium for a procedure. No better place. If you are American that's a different story.
Also maybe I'm stupid but I can't take a selfie on the top of my head, always comes out blurred or wrong.

I'm not as confident about my hair as a normal NW1 person don't get me wrong. But I can hold my head high that I tried everything to combat hair loss and at the moment I'm winning. Of course my hair could be even thicker than it is but I have another year of growth left and have lots of donor left and body hair as filler. I'm sure Replicel or Histogen will be out by this time but even if they are not I have this plan of multiple hair transplants because it's the only thing I have at my disposal.

Maybe this is obvious but if you are starting to thin on top make sure your side and back hair is shorter than your top hair. Never grow out your thick sides and back with the top the same length you will just look like a guy that's balding. If the sides and back are shorter not as many people will notice you are balding.

Oh and another thing. I think you should sort your hair out as young as possible. I don't believe in this rubbish about waiting until you are 40 until you get a transplant. I could be struck by lightening tomorrow. Life is short guys.