My Story Thinning Hair

TH123

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So i have been loosing my hair since 3 - 4 Years now. Earlier the loss did not seem to be caused by Androgens, but now its pretty clear that i am going bald because of male pattern baldness :( . I have started treating my loss. I started using minoxidil 5% + vitamin supplments + Xgain Shampoo in May, so its been three months now. Recently in August i have started with minoxidil 10% and Finpecia (+vitamin + shampoo). These are my latest pics in Aug.
WP_20130815_034.jpgWP_20130815_032.jpgWP_20130815_031.jpg
I am 27 yo... how bad does it look and are there any chances of improvement?
Please comment, if i can do something else besides what i am already doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add... i started with dutasteride first but just after one pill 0.5 mg ... i couldnt handle its sides... i have been on finasteride for about a 15 days now and there isnt any significant side to tell.

- - - Updated - - -

52V VIEWS but no comments :(

VarunS

Reaction score
There certainly are chances of improvement. However you would need to be consistent with your regimen and give your self at least a years time before judging. For me Finasteride has definitely helped maintain and slowed down my hair loss drastically. Good luck friend!

TH123

Reaction score
Thanks Varun!
i am going to be consistent with my regimen....
so far i have been for 3 months and minoxidil and 15 days on Finpecia.
ll keep on updating my progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Lately i have started experiencing mild pain in testicles which goes away if i ejaculate. Sould i be concerned???
No other side effect till now.

TH123

Reaction score
Hi,

i need to know how bad does it look right now and what are the chances i be able to atleast maintain what i have .... and what are the chances i be able to see any cosmetically significant improvement.
(the pic is near a window so it gives a more realistic view)
As per my derm, previous hairstylist and friends that have seen my scalp when i had # 1, they say that i have not gone bald any where on the scalp, the problem is that hair Density and thickness have gone bad.

Thanks.