my story would like your thoughts

G

I have been on Proscare for 3 and a half months and i have been shedding really bad for about a week now. I am trying to keep track of the shed so yesterday i ran my fingers through my hair over a white counter, i did it for about 2-3 minutes and 85 hairs fell out. This dose not include the rest of the day is this normal when taking procare?

I am thinking of adding minoxidil to help control the shedding

History

I am 27 now about 3 months ago I went to my doctor I was concerned about my hair line, he put me on a 2% minoxidil cream to use once a day just on my hair line, about a month and a half after that I noticed that my hair at the front was thinning really bad from the forehead about half the way back. I went back to my doctor and he put me on proscar, at about the 2 month mark my hair had thinned really bad in places that where not effected before so I went to a dermatologist that told me to stop using the cream there was no need for it but I could stay on the proscar. It has been about 2 weeks since I stopped using the minoxidil and 3 weeks since I started shedding a lot of hair per day I am sure I am shedding over 200 hairs a day I find them anywhere and the from of my head where my hair line starts has thinned really bad I am considering a hair transplanted “ I am panicking I know†but I don’t care I just want to stop worrying about it. For now I seem to be thinning from the hair line about half the way back but badly. I do not know my moms side of the family we have never met them but no hair loss on my dads side.

At this point I have no idea what to do keeping fighting or stop because it has only really become a problem since I started fighting it.

I donÂ’t know if I should take minoxidil or not I do not want to cause more harm then I already have but I also donÂ’t want to wait if I should be using it.
At the rate I am shedding I will be bald soon I can not believe the difference a month has made in how bad it has gotten. If i did not have really thick hair i would look bald now.

G

Re: Shedding question

jkriley said:
I have been on Proscare for 3 and a half months and i have been shedding really bad for about a week. I am trying keep track on the shed so yesterday i ran my fingers threw my hair over a white counter i did it for about 2-3 minutes and 85 hairs fell out this doe not include the rest of the day is this normal?

I am thinking of adding minoxidil to help control the shedding

you must spell worms correctly when worried about a midical issue.

Nobody here will know if this is good or bad, as you have supplied the very least information you possibly could.

While I am here, my left leg aches, what do you think it is?

Thanks in advance for the help

Ty

G

sorry

sorry about that was not all there when i wrote that so i did it over just for you.

hope it helps looking forward to your advice.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stoping the minoxidil was the problem. You're shedding the hairs that are dependent on minoxidil

G

i dont think so

No I think the minoxidil is what caused the shed in the first place my doctor put me on 2% once a day which is not enough. That why I am thinking of going on 5% 2 times a day.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey JK,

I shedded really bad on Proscar on its own and would often rufffle my hair over a white A4 sheet of paper to see how many hairs came out... not a good idea though as it generally depresses. I found that by adding 5% minoxidil the hair that i was shedding came back a little thicker and darker and at the time i thought these hairs were lost in battle.

I have not really heard of minoxidil cream but i would not think it is as good as the liquid form. Just a note in case you decide to take up minoxidil, putting on 2ml of stuff on to your heed every day will cause flakes and maybe dryness - so make sure you use a good anti dandruff shampoo like Nizoral, otherwise inflammation can be a real problem.

:lol:

G

ya

the hair that is shedding is very think and strong, how long did your shed last on proscar?

Petchsky

Reaction score
It seemed like i was continued to shed the four months i was taking proscar alone untill i added back minoxidil. It was only with this combo that i started to see regrowth. I think most people need to use a growth stimulant as well as a DHT blocker to see good results cos then your fighting the battle on two fronts, three if use Nizoral.