My Story

Rob1989

Reaction score
First off I would like to applaud this site. Reading people's stories about their own hairloss experiences really puts me at ease about my own situation.

I am currently away at school and do not have a camera. I will upload pictures when I return home this weekend.

I noticed temple recession at age 20, I just turend 22. Before I try any solutions I am going to the doctor. I have not been to the doctor since I was 18, and have not had my blood checked since 17. I am not going to lie, I have a pretty terrible lifestyle. I rarely drink water, I drink a lot of soda, I smoke about 5 cigarettes a day, I eat out a lot of meals, and exercise maybe once a month. Let me remind you I am in college.

I have no family history of balding. Within two generations of both sides of my family, there has not been a single male with hairloss. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I am a twin. I don't have any balding in the vertex area. The hairloss I am experiencing in the temporal region. I would put myself at NW2, but there is absolutely no thinning in the frontal region.

I know the quality is terrible, but this is the best I can do for right now.
photo2np.jpg

I do plan on waiting to go see a doctor and getting bloodwork done. Just for fun though, what would you guys recommend as trying first? I have been taking Apply Polyphenol capsules for about a month. Once again, I am excited about this forum. You guys truly do inspire me, and I cannot wait to start battling my hairloss.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
If you don't have any family history of male pattern baldness and your not thinning at all, there's a good chance you just have a mature hairline that will hopefully stay w/out further recession.

I would recommended nothing at this point until you go to a doctor who can confirm if it's male pattern baldness.

Bmartin1134

Reaction score
I agree with SuprisedGuy. Check with you Dr. first. It could be stress related or your mature hairline showing up.