My story

Makeveli12

Reaction score
Ok so here is my story. I'm 27 years old and first noticed my hair thinning at about the age of 23. I've been going to the gym since I was 16 lifting weights, and stupidly when I was 22 I tried steroids for the first time.
At this point I had no sign of hairloss, not even any recession of my temples, however I was cautious so decided to just do a small cycle of anavar (For those who don't know anavar is a relatively weak steroid). Within a day or two, I had a major scalp itch, and because I had never experienced this before I carried on with it for a couple of more weeks. I knew steroids could potentially aggravate hairloss in certain people, but assumed even with androgen's it would take a couple of years. I know several people who have pretty much been constantly on cycle for the last 5 to 6 years who haven't lost a hair off their head. So anyway, in that couple of weeks my hair thinned slightly, but a few months later it had pretty much come back to what it was before.
So being that it came back, I made a decision to try something different, around a year later. So I got some Test Propecia. Now as I knew people who would use over a gram of testosterone per week, I thought Id try a relatively modest dose of about tree fiddy,(50mg per day). Ok so this time I was ready and said to myself if I felt the itch I would come off immediately. I did a month on the stuff and gained 10 pounds which I was satisfied with and I hadn't had even the slightest itch. Three months later and the itch returned. I had an absolute massive shed, far worse than the Anavar shed. I should mention that I already kept my hair short, 0 on the sides 2 on the top. I probably lost about 80 percent of the density of my scalp. It still looked like I had pretty much the same amount of hair, but it was very miniaturized.
Now that was probably 3 and a half years ago now, and my head I would say looks pretty much exactly as it did then, still reasonably ok coverage, but just very miniaturized hairs on the whole top of my head. I buzz it to a number zero every day now. I've not touched steroids since, however I did try the SARM Ostarine for a few months after doing alot of research on it. From the studies I found Ostarine actually shrunk the prostate size of control animals and was extremely selective for muscle tissue. This proved to be the case for me and it didn't affect my hair whatsoever.
Here is why I'm confused though. I presumed that as I had not had any hairloss before these events that my own testosterone levels, and as such dht level wasn't really high enough to cause hairloss, and I may at least slightly reverse some of the loss. As I said earlier though, my hair pretty much looks the same, I never shed any hair that I know of, and haven't had any itch which I came to associate with my hairloss. Maybe I had already started to bald very slowly, and after the steroids I just carried on as I had before.
Well anyway after a couple of years of not being that bothered its started to get to me so I have jumped on finasteride, 1.25mg per day as of 6 days ago. Ive had no sides yet. My best mate has kinda been on at me for a couple years that finasteride is the worst thing in the world, after he heard a radio discussion were some guy claimed it had ruined his life. I weighed it up though and thought it was worth the risk. One of the main things that put me off was if it would affect the gym, but after logically thinking I doubt that it should as androgen receptors in muscles are controlled by testosterone and not dht (I believe).
So I appreciate anyone who read all that, I would like anyone's thoughts as to if they believe I am less likely to respond to finasteride as I lost my hair from steroids. I myself have been skeptical to try, as right at this point I don't feel I am losing hair per se, just sought of maintaining the mess that steroids left, or at the worst very slowly getting worse. So maybe finasteride will just continue to maintain.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 226

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you should use minoxidil 5% liquid as well as finasteride for max regrowth

Makeveli12

Reaction score
Cheers mate, I might get on that next. Ill see if this does anything first so I know what if anything is working.