My story

wickes

Reaction score
Hi

I am a 39 year old man with thinning hair. About a year ago I noticed that I had streaks of thinned hair on the sides of my head, which I thought was odd but put down to excessive scratching. Then, a week ago, my hairdresser (a friend of the family who has cut my hair for 20 years) said she had noticed a difference on the top of my head. I had asked her to be brutal and cut it short. She replied that there was no need as it was thinning out naturally (she thought it was funny- I don't!!) Afterwards, I looked in the mirror and was shocked at just how true it was. There is no history of baldness in my family. My maternal grandfather still had a head of hair (although thinned out a lot) when he died aged 76. And my father's father had a lot of hair when he died in his late 70s. My uncle is nearly 80 and still has quite a lot of hair as do my cousins, all of whom are in their 40s.

I know hair thins naturally as we age, but this seems to have happened quite quickly and dramatically. I exercise, don't smoke, eat healthily, drink moderately and weigh about what I should for my height and build. However, I do suffer from severe anxiety and bouts of depression. I also sleep very poorly. I suffer with a very itchy scalp as well, which may be a symptom of the anxiety. I wonder if too much scratching has caused this. Or is it stress? Or perhaps I am not eating enough protein (I eat mostly vegetables and fish).

lmao9955

Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you,but you have male pattern baldness. Here's what you could do :
1. Get on Finasteride ASAP if you want any hair.
2. Asses results after 6-12 months. If not happy with the results, throw in minoxidil.

Don't use snake oils and stuff.

wickes

Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you,but you have male pattern baldness.

I don't believe I do, and I'm sure that is not denial. There is no history of male pattern baldness in my family. My father developed a bald patch in his late 50s, but never went truly bald. And both my grandfathers had plenty of hair right up to their deaths in their late 70s.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe I do, and I'm sure that is not denial. There is no history of male pattern baldness in my family. My father developed a bald patch in his late 50s, but never went truly bald. And both my grandfathers had plenty of hair right up to their deaths in their late 70s.

Post pictures of your hair line and crown. male pattern baldness genes can go back a few generations and can randomly occur.