my strong, expensive regimen I'm considering.

CCS

Reaction score
2 dutas per week, Monday an Friday, with a grapefruit on monday. $8 per month in bulk.

RU58841 1.33mL once a day at 2.5% applied to thin areas, sharing with Goingat20, $40 per month with accessories.

not going to use spironolactone
----
2mL of AC spray EOD to thin areas, $4 per month

4mL of Folligen diluted 50% with tap water EOD to whole head, $4 per month
---
prox-N to the thin areas, 15 drops once a day, so $15 per month. Might drop to lef.org later ($7.50).

proxiphen cream to just the smooth areas, $20 per month if 5 months. Maybe i can spread that further. And I can do EOD after a year.

minoxidil 4% with 10% fatty acids, apple polyphenol capsule, and grapseed capsule 1mL once per day. $5

---
Then arginine AAGK 200 grams for $15 at 2g per day is $5 per month.
---
Nizoral 1% shampoo 1/2 tea spoon, EOD $4 per month.

lef.org NANO shampoo, 1/2 tea spoon to male pattern baldness area EOD. $4/m.

CCS

Reaction score
Bryan,

Old Baldy once posted a link to a place that has oleic acid for $10 per gallon. I'm sure it was probably mixed with other non-useful fatty acids at that price, but I think at least 60% of it would be good fatty acids. Also, in the flank organ studies you posted, oleic acid shrank flank organ as much as spironolactone, and recently you posted that oleic acid may be the test AR blocker of the fatty acids, even though it is one of the weaker 5ar blockers.

So my question is, why are you not that optimistic about this cheap oleic acid?

Felk

Reaction score
I assume you meant 15 drops of Prox-n, not 15 ml :)

That sounds like a very strong regimen college.

One thing that bothered me - I don't see any finasteride. there. You said you've been on it for 2 years, no? If it's working to maintain your hair, do you think it's worth the chance of not being a good responder if you jump ship to dutasteride.?

CCS

Reaction score
i think finasteride and dutasteride are the same if they inhibit the same amount of DHT. If I wanted to be safe, i could try to do a loading dose followed by once a week dutasteride, and that would be equal to propecia. But since I've never had a shed or anything side effects or other issues like most people on here, i think I can safely just switch to dutasteride. I've been on it almost a month now and have not seen any differences. Maybe the very top of my head as thickened a little, but that could have been the folligen or prox-N. All I know is I'm as bald now as I every will be; I'm not losing any hair.

Goingat20

Reaction score
very strong regime, i think you would only need to take 2 dutas as you got everything else covered

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Honestly, you sound like a madman. It amuses me, however, to think about you standing in the bathroom all day pouring all that sh*t on your head.

CCS

Reaction score
believe it or not, it should take about 2 minutes twice a day. I know because my current regimen is not that different, and that is how long it takes.

CCS

Reaction score
OK, I made up my mind what my regimen will be for the next year or so, unless Bryan posts a very good option I have not heard about yet. I updated the post at the start of the thread.

Now I just have to work out the details of where to get the stuff. I already know most of that. Cheers.

I'll test all the drugs as soon as the real Avodart and questionable fincar arrive in the next few days. That should be a big enough sample size.

I'd post before pictures, but it would be hard for you to see what is going on since grafts will be growing out soon. Only I can watch the peach fuzz, and I don't think a camera will catch that. I'll just tell you all how it goes each month and answer my PMs once or twice a week.

Thanks for all the info. As for the fatty acids, I think oleic is very valuable because it is the strongest AR inhibitor, even though it is a weaker 5ar inhibitor. So get a mixture, and it is OK to go heavy on the oleic, unless you are not using internals. I'm convinced dutasteride will keep me prostate cancer free.

I'll post the lab results soon with JPG's of the machine printouts if you want. Good luck everyone. I think some women are interested in me, so I'll go after them instead of reading all these threads.

School starts tomorrow for me.

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions:

Why dilute Folligen 50% with water? Doesn't this make Folligen les effective?
Whu use RU58841? It isn't stable and hard to get?

Goingat20

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
not going to use spironolactone
----

collegechemistrystudent said:
minoxidil 4% with 10% fatty acids, apple polyphenol capsule, and grapseed capsule 1mL once per day

What made you make that decision? I was counting on that spironolactone lol

CCS

Reaction score
I just ordered the spironolactone. I'm going to use it on one side of my head and the RU on the other side to see if there is a difference. I'll send you some with the RU.

I just changed my mind temporarily.

As for the minoxidil, I just don't like applying it twice a day when it does not really regrow hair like other topicals do. And since it does not stop male pattern baldness, I know I can up the dose later if I want. I'd rather just see the effects of these other treatments first. I still want a little minoxidil just to see if there are any living follicles in my thinnest areas. Maybe I'll apply it twice a day to the hairline. But it will be a pain if I have to schedule it around the spironolactone. I also don't want to take chances with the RU.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Why dont u stick to just dutasteride, a few topicals, and hair transplants...why go thru so much effort and money when most likely there will be minimal impact

CCS

Reaction score
I do know what it is. It does not inhibit AR receptors. Therefore it can't be as good as RU and oral dutasteride.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Users of aloe avodart reported some of the same sides as oral dutasteride. So some of the dutasteride must be absorbed into the blood stream to get sides. Therefore, if left on long enough, topical dutasteride could be better than oral dutasteride, no? Or, you could combine the 2 and take orally & use topically.

Your AR receptor comment went over my head, so I can't comment on that.

CCS

Reaction score
finasteride and dutasteride block 5-alpha-reductase from turning testosterone into DHT. This happens whether you take it oral or figure out how to do it topically.

The androgen receptor is what androgens like DHT and test and others bond to. So another way to fight hairloss is to block the androgen receoptor. Dutasteride does not do this. spironolactone, fluridil, RU, and oleic acid do.

Other fatty acids like GLA, ALA, linoleic acid, and oleic acid topically stop conversion of testosterone into DHT, but we don't know how, which is why I don't list them as 5ar blockers. They might inhibit the production of 5ar.

Topical dutasteride is limited in that it will never protect the AR receptor from testosterone. That is why I combine other methods.

Oleic acid is very cheap, but I'm not sure it is pure where I want to get it. So I will call them and shop around some more. GLA would be nice to, and i'm adding it to my spironolactone, without the filler.