My Testosterone Results are in...

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 34, was on finasteride for only 3 months...was off two months...had my blood work done on Monday (before resuming finasteride)...I have always had a VERY high drive, and lean muscle mass, good recoup time, etc.

Even after 3 months of finasteride, and being off two months (nearly the same amount of time off as on), my T levels remain what the doctor described as "very high"

the range for an adult male is 241 to 827. I rated in at 607.

I will continue with my reduced dosage of finasteride and hopefully that 607 won't drop too much either way.

Clearly, being on finasteride did NO harm long term.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
You could have checked out the DHT levels also. DHT levels before propecia and with propecia. Just to have an idea.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
My doctor and I talked about that, the DHT levels are not covered by my insurance though...given my drive and the number it appears I have, I think all is well.

I just think the body has to adjust to the finasteride.

G

it took me about 5 months for my body to get used to finasteride... i never had my t-levels checked but its probly a smart idea is it covered for everyone if they have aninsurance plan RNTypical?

oni

Reaction score
Well I hate to tell you this but finasteride stops T turning into DHT so that would give you a higher T level.