My thinning hair story (photos):advice needed

Vergil21

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am 22 years and have been noticing that my hair has been thinning for about 4 years now. The thinning has been happening in the middle area of my scalp and is somewhat visible when applying some light. when I was younger (19 ) I went to a dermatologist and he told me that I have nothing serious and that my hair has been thinning due to stress and so on. The doctor told me to start cutting my hair shorter and gave me some vitamins and a sort of hairspray(don t really recall the name) that didn't do much and stopped using it after a year.
The way that usually brush my hair doesn't really show my thinning problem however now that I have gradually grown conscious about my hair condition I'm in need of some working solution. Please find below some pictures where I tried to expose my problem as much as possible.
After some research I think that ideally a natural solution would be the best since most of the products such as propecia or rogain don't really solve the problem as you need to constantly use them.
Thank you for your time and really hope someone can help me find a solution to my problem.

Attachments

• prob2.jpg
    prob2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 230
  • prob1.jpg
    prob1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 20141019_021805.jpg
    20141019_021805.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 20141019_021723.jpg
    20141019_021723.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 217

albionlad

Reaction score
Natural solutions aren't going to help your case I'm afraid, or anybody's - sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You have two options - Finasteride or Minoxidil, pick your poison!

EvilLocks

Reaction score
After some research I think that ideally a natural solution would be the best since most of the products such as propecia or rogain don't really solve the problem as you need to constantly use them.

Natural remedies for hair loss does nothing for baldness, so you need to make a decision about getting on real treatment or not. The only proven way to stop and/or regrow hair is Finasteride and Minoxidil. If you can't commit to treatments you need to "accept" the fact that your hair is going to continue thinning, because it will.

Vergil21

Reaction score
I understand what you all have been saying and thanks for the replies. However, I am wondering about the natural treatments we find on youtube especially for thinning hair which seems to work for many users. Also, I have read that treatments like rogain can cause some bad side effects on health related to blood pressure and irregular heart rates.

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand what you all have been saying and thanks for the replies. However, I am wondering about the natural treatments we find on youtube especially for thinning hair which seems to work for many users. Also, I have read that treatments like rogain can cause some bad side effects on health related to blood pressure and irregular heart rates.
That is nothing compared to propecia side effects.

Vergil21

Reaction score
So in the end isn't there a solution that will not likely result in worrying side effects?

nikko

Reaction score
Not the most effective ones. Yet the sides don t show up in every case, actually the majority of people doesn t present them.

FHassan

Reaction score
Scalp does seem noticeable, but if you're using flash then any mans scalp will be noticeable. Your hair is too long for these types of pictures imo, I see it alot and its tough to get a proper view of the affected areas because of it. I'm your age, and have a similar story (though my topics not been approved yet..) but what I would say to you is what I've heard from people I've told about my hair loss - It really isn't as bad as you think. Most girls generally only look at your face once they see a decent amount of hair on the head, and will not notice any thinning like yours unless you really point it out to them or you're directly underneath the sun and she's looking down. I mention girls because truthfully that's what I worried about the most, but recently dated a 10/10 and she couldn't have cared less, it'll be the same with you.

But in terms of advice: If you're not willing to use the big 3 (like me) - there isn't much else that will help as much

baldyben

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem like yours. I did tried to use some kind of herbal medication but ended up it was not helpful. Besides that, I tried to go to those hair loss center where the result did not seem promising as well. Thus I went to Derma and ended up he told me DHT is the culprit that causing hair loss and told me that a lot of those natural ways normally do wonders for those scalp problems (dandruff etc) but not DHT.

My advice here is to get yourself a check on your DHT level and how your scalp condition. If it's really get from bad to worse, it's better to treat your hair loss problem earlier than later. If you are on tight budget, you may get generic fins and minoxidil which both are way cheaper.

Btw, I'm on Fins for a month and have see no side effect beside shedding which this is a good sign telling that it is working. I rather to spend a bit more monthly to rescue my hair than sorry later. Anyway, you are the one who make the last call. Cheers... :)

jimbeam

Reaction score
Btw, I'm on Fins for a month and have see no side effect beside shedding which this is a good sign telling that it is working. I rather to spend a bit more monthly to rescue my hair than sorry later. Anyway, you are the one who make the last call. Cheers... :)

How much shedding? is it "noticeable" with long hair?