myths busted

G

Interesting, AND the article is itself a bit sloopy with data and information. Good stuff though!

G

Good story. I never heard the hair mite thing before. But when I first went bald I tried a bunch of scalp/pore uncloggers.

All they did was irritate my scalp. I guess that's what you call unclogging pores.

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah, blah, F*cking heard it all before, BORING.

And it really seems like it was an endorsment for hair translplant surgeons.

Way to go ABC, ground breaking sh*t for sure.

G

SwordFish said:
Good story. I never heard the hair mite thing before. But when I first went bald I tried a bunch of scalp/pore uncloggers.

All they did was irritate my scalp. I guess that's what you call unclogging pores.

Actually DEMODEX mite IS implicated in hair loss although not as a direct cause per se.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn those hair mites I knew they were up to no good! Those bastards told me they just needed a place to crash until after their appartment was fumigated. :-x

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The timing and pattern of pattern baldness is also different in men and women. While men tend to start losing hair in the 30s and 40s, hair loss begins in the 40s or 50s in women, though it can occur as early as the 20s. And while men first lose hair in the front and at the top of the head, women's hair thins diffusely throughout the scalp.

hmm most of us are in our mid to early 20's?