NANO shampoo and shedding

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
To anyone who is wondering if you will shed on NANO shampoo...I did.

But its over now...

Ive been using it since mid march every other day and letting it sit on my head for about 5 mins.,,

Id say right around the 6 week mark I started losing more hairs while showering (20-30 id say as opposed to <10 before nano.)

The shedding continued until a few days ago..yesterday i noticed about 5 hairs while showering and today I think I may have lost like 2 (that i saw).

Ill update if I notice any regrowth/thickening in the coming weeks.

J/W did anyone else shed while on NANO?

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Good that means its working..

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
I cant wait to get mine , Where did you order yours from?

G

i shed in april but could have been a dutasteride shed as well. no way of knowing.

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
I just recently started using Nano again and man I have been losing like over 50 hairs everytime. I feel that because nano is difficult to lather that I am pulling the hairs out by accident ( I'm trying to work it in gently). This is after a pre-wash also. Sucks big time!!!

Advice would be appreciated! I think 50 hairs every shower is way to much.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Balding_1 said:
I just recently started using Nano again and man I have been losing like over 50 hairs everytime. I feel that because nano is difficult to lather that I am pulling the hairs out by accident ( I'm trying to work it in gently). This is after a pre-wash also. Sucks big time!!!

Advice would be appreciated! I think 50 hairs every shower is way to much.

i dunno....i mean after i prewash mine lathers REALLY well. I never shed 50 hairs in a shower...even before i started treatments.

G

Balding_1 said:
I feel that because nano is difficult to lather that I am pulling the hairs out by accident ( I'm

Here's advice. It takes a LOT of pulling to pull a hair out that isn't already sitting on top of your hair and shed. Hairs that are in telogen will fall out easily when you touch them, but if a hair is in a growing phase, as most hairs on your head are, you would really have to pull hard on it for it to come out. Simply shampooing is not gonna do it. if you don't believe me, try tugging on hairs from your head. try tugging on it in an area that you know is thick and anagen like the side and back of your head. it will NOT come out without a concerted effort. so again, don't worry about that.

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Balding_1 said:
I feel that because nano is difficult to lather that I am pulling the hairs out by accident ( I'm

Here's advice. It takes a LOT of pulling to pull a hair out that isn't already sitting on top of your hair and shed. Hairs that are in telogen will fall out easily when you touch them, but if a hair is in a growing phase, as most hairs on your head are, you would really have to pull hard on it for it to come out. Simply shampooing is not gonna do it. if you don't believe me, try tugging on hairs from your head. try tugging on it in an area that you know is thick and anagen like the side and back of your head. it will NOT come out without a concerted effort. so again, don't worry about that.

So you're saying that those hairs would fall out eventually anyway because they are in the telogen phase. Could it be a sign that I have telogen effluvium if I consistently lose close to 50 hairs everytime I shower? I also lose close to 50 or more hairs when my girlfriend gives me a scalp massage.

G

Balding_1 said:
So you're saying that those hairs would fall out eventually anyway because they are in the telogen phase. Could it be a sign that I have telogen effluvium if I consistently lose close to 50 hairs everytime I shower? I also lose close to 50 or more hairs when my girlfriend gives me a scalp massage.

I have read that anywhere from 100 hairs to 150 hairs a day shed is normal, depending on how many follicles you have on your scalp.

If you're noticing 100 hairs falling out a day then that is a bit worrisome because I doubt I notice even one quarter of the hairs that are falling out of my head every day.

But yes hairs that come out during a scalp massage or shower have nothing to do with those activities. They would have come out anyway. You didn't pull them out.