Nape Hair

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know this has been thrashed out many times, there is a risk of the hair on the back of your neck receeding with age, but I noticed a topic on another forum where Dr Umar has FUE'd the nape hair for the hairline, from what I read by the experienced posters this is normally regarded as a no no.

th_postopdonor2.jpg

After
th_5month6.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
I suppose its a risk, nape hair as donor does seem a good idea but this guy may be left with nothing to show for his hair transplant/money in the future.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why is there a risk of the hair at the nape receding. who the hell cares if it recedes. who is going to look at a man and say, "wow that guys gross neck nape hair is going bald."

please, they could take my disgusting nape hair and FUE the sh*t out of it.

EDIT ** i just realized what you were saying i think. so your saying nape hair may be subject to balding in the future when trasplanted?

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I've posted on this topic here already as well, but I have a couple friends who have done nape hair transplant and one doing it next month, all from a clinic in Tampa, FL. The clinic was recommended by one of the guys mom who is a hair stylist and has several patients who used the clinic and she was amazed at the results (she sent her son there). My 2 friends have had amazing results, but this is short-term. I have no idea what it'll look like in 20 years. But I can say short term it will absolutely work and work well. I'd also think if your 40-50 and your nape hair is ok, then it should be ok for hair transplant. at 20-30, I'd be weary, of course my buds are late 20's early 30's. Risk vs. reward I guess.

greg2

Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
I know this has been thrashed out many times, there is a risk of the hair on the back of your neck receeding with age, but I noticed a topic on another forum where Dr Umar has FUE'd the nape hair for the hairline, from what I read by the experienced posters this is normally regarded as a no no.

th_postopdonor2.jpg

After
th_5month6.jpg

Who would want to lose his hair all over again? Nape hair is big risk. Why was nape hair used?

greg2

Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:

th_postopdonor2.jpg

After
th_5month6.jpg

Who would want to lose his hair all over again? Nape hair is big risk. Why was nape hair used?