Natefan87's Story - (21 / with treatment questions)

natefan87

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im Nathan. I'm 21 and in late 2006 at the age of 19 i noticed thinning on the top frontal region of my head. So i immediately shaved it all off, thank God i look decent bald. But not the point, i've been lazy about shaving it and now my hair is a good inch long, and i MISS IT!

Over the past 2 and a half years, my hair hasnt thinned all that much more, but i can definatley tell its thinner because i can see slightly more scalp in the front then anywhere else on my head. I figure that my balding isnt that advanced yet, so now is a really good time to do something about it (i should have started years ago..but as i said it hasnt thinned that much more since then.)

I thought i had just accepted i was going bald and would continue to shave my head for the rest of my life but then stumbled upon this site. I had no idea of the options i had, and how effective a multi faceted approach could truly be.

So anyway, i really want to get started on this and grow some hair. I was thinking, Propecia, Rogaine, Nixoral. Has this combo worked for most??

Yesterday i was browsing around in the DHT blockers forum, and saw that in the hair regeneration process many people lost more hair then they did grow hair. I really don't want that to happen to me lol. So that would be my inital and only thing holding me back from starting this process. I know hair sheds, and i guess it's normal for the dead hair to fall out so the new hair can grow.

A few questions: the copper peptide treatment, i forgot the name, is this to be used instead of rogaine for stimulus, or in addition to? What has yielded the best results?

Also, i'm really into my skin, so i've heard about the Dermaroller (or skin needling). Supposedly this helps product absorption and has really helped hair growth. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

edit: i found propecia on alldaychemist.com for REALLY cheap. I also found it on medsmex.com for 1.49 per 10 pills. But shipping is 24 bucks, but its a flat rate so u can stock up.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Getting started...

I wouldn't trust that site, i never heard of it. I use In House Pharmacy.

Yes the big 3 are worth it. Some people have 'sheds' meaning the 'DHT' infected hair falls out, meaning your treatment is working. When it grows back it will be thicker and darker.

natefan87

Reaction score
thanks Night. So my next question is: some people are advising newbies and people whose thinning isnt that advanced to just use propecia and not worry about the minoxyl, why is this?

will minoxil and propecia regrow hair for diffuse thinners esp in the front of the head?

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
everyone reacts differently to the meds.

finasteride seems to be mostly for maintenance of existing hair, and thickening up existing hair (for most responders). finasteride also doesn't seem to work very well on the temple - so you'll probably continue to lose ground there even with finasteride, though at a slower rate.

minoxidil is for regrowth, and works best on the top of the head, though for me it has definitely helped maintain the temples.

if you're serious about keeping your hair both in combination is the way to go.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
My first year is going to be finasteride only (with nizoral) just to see how I react to it. If it just maintains and doesn't grow enough i'll hit min.