Natural Solutions to DHT's Side Effects

virtua_

Reaction score
In the book "Scientifically Guaranteed Male Multiple Orgasms and Ultimate Sex" by Alan Ritz, he talks about how DHT is essential for sexual health and penile growth. Then he says the negative side effects of DHT are prostate enlargement and male pattern baldness. He goes on to list what can be used to battle these side effects. I'll quote the entire thing:

Alan Ritz said:
What are the Natural Solutions to the DHT's Side Effects - Prostate Enlargement and Male Pattern Baldness

Clinical tests show that substances called isoflavones and several antioxidants successfully prevent DHT from binding in the receptors around your prostate and scalp. Furthermore, they can detoxify it from your body. You can supply the following 4 crucial for preventing or reversing prostate enlargement and male pattern baldness substances:

1. isoflavones from Saw Palmetto and Soy
2. bioflavonoids from Citrus fruits
3. polyphenols from Grape's seeds and peels
4. lycopene from Tomatoes

They are part of every advanced multi-vitamin/mineral formula. As a general rule, make sure that you also eat a lot of nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits. They contain many unique antioxidants and bioactive substances which will successfully protect and detoxify your body.

I have been wary of using saw palmetto, as I thought it would reduce DHT overall in body, and I don't really want to mess with it. That's why I'm becoming more unwilling to start with finasteride as well...

Any thoughts on the rest of it? I read somewhere that soy isoflavones reduced hair loss in men in a study, but will it lower DHT levels?

- Are there any formulas you know of that have soy plus the other 3?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First, unless there is actual evidence that various natural substances decrease serum levels of DHT, don't believe it. If that's true, the author should be able to cite some studies proving it. Otherwise, it's worthless speculation.

Second, even if it's true that various natural substances decrease serum levels of DHT, do they decrease DHT levels in scalp hair follicles? Again, if that's the case, there should be studies proving it. Otherwise, it's just speculation.

There is no evidence that SP taken orally will help in any way to fight male pattern baldness.

No matter how many times the myths surrounding SP and male pattern baldness are debunked, the myth persists.

psych721027

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so certain about oral Saw Palmetto being a myth in the fight against DHT. I have been spending a lot of time researching Saw Palmetto and a number of different natural herbal alternatives to using Propecia. One because I was curious, and two because I was concerned about Propecia side effects myself. Anyway, the studies that have been done on Saw Palmetto do show that serum DHT levels are not affected, however, it does seem to have a definite affect on the Androgen Receptor Blocking of DHT. Used as a topical, it is essentially the #1 component in every natural mixture because of this action. As well, Green Tea and Grapeseed are effective taken orally and do lower serum DHT levels. Soy isoflavones actually bind to DHT and block it from attaching to androgen receptors. Because I have found many scientifically backed research papers on these compounds, I feal very confident in my choice to use these natural alternatives to Propecia.

hawks05

Established Member
Reaction score
have you checked out immortals program over on regrowth?

he takes nettles instead of the saw pal.

i'm positive saw palmetto would give me some sort of benefit I just cant get through the acne stage i freak out and stop taking it, so i started on immorotals program with nettles, green tea, grapeseed, and some more anti ox

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
thers an acne "stage" with SP? hmm i did have a few breakouts month ago that seem to be clearing up now, (well face is clear now) but duno if theyll come back. Nothing major, just a couple zits.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Its all a waste of time. None of those things are strong enough to stop hairloss completely. If you have strong genetic history of male pattern baldness you can sleep in a bed of tomatos, take showers in soy milk, and you will be as bald as a basketball soon enough unless you try the big 3.
I tried saw palmetto it had effects like finasteride on me, and it did help with hairloss but it wasnt nearly strong enough to stop it.