Natural Ways to combat male pattern baldness

hairloss18

Reaction score
this is my 1st post in HairLossTalk.com .... i started hairloss at abt 18 and i abt to reach 20 years old soon ..... kinda sad to lose hair so young :( .... but tat not the end of world yet and there r some things worse than going bald. But that does not mean tat i resign to my fate of going bald .... I am going to declare wars against the DHT in my body :lol:

Green Tea

Green Tea is rumor to reduce DHT and reduce cholesterol. The caffine present in green tea is rumor to help in combating hair loss. Cholesterol build-up can clog the hair follicles leading to malnutrition of the hair root and an increase production of DHT. Excess cholesterol in the scalp can lead to an increase in the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase which is then converted to DHT. Thus, by including some green tea in ur diet, it may help to reduce hair loss and dht. Green Tea has also many others use such as anti-oxidant and promote good health. So i guess there is not harm trying that.

However, try not to drink green tea abt 5 hrs before ur bedtime as the caffine may give u some problem sleeping. And it is say that a lot of caffine is needed to help in hair loss. If i am not wrong, some articles say 800 cups of coffee is needed before it can reach our scalp. I doubt anyone can sleep with so much caffine.

Soy Isoflavones

The isoflavones in soy is rumor to block dht. I read it in some website and articles. It also help to regulate bad cholesterol. Soy is also a good products for our body as it is very nutritional. I guess that the are no harm in try it out as it is not really expensive.

But, try to drink soy on a hot day. It is rumor that drinking soy on a cold day may cause gouts.

Vitamins B complex

Vitamins B complex does not help in male pattern baldness as they does not reduce or block dht. But they help by promoting a healthy cardiovascular health which is basically good blood supply to the hair. Hair is the last part in our body to receive nutrition thus by improving the blood supply it will enable our hair to receive more nutrition and will reduce the amount of hair loss. Thus, it will slow down the rate of male pattern baldness but sooner or later, u will still be bald. But if u r receiving enough vitamins B complex, additional B complex will not help at all, u will be just wasting money. When u r eating vitamins B complex, try to drink more water as ur urine will be more yellowish due to one of the vitamin.

Biotin

Biotin also does not help in male pattern baldness. It help to improve the quality of the hair. If ur body r not getting enough biotin, it will result in hair loss and thinning of hair. But if ur body has enough, it will not help at all. U will juz be wasting money.

Biotin + Vitamin B3

Biotin and vitamin B3 ( Niacin ) alone does not help in male pattern baldness. But when combined, it is rumor to reduce or block dht. But i am not really sure about that.

He Shou Wu

He Shou Wu is a chinese medicine. When i went to GNC and chinese tonic shop, they will recommend mi this stuff. It is rumor to reduce or block dht but i am not really sure. But it help to nourish the liver, kidney and blood supply. In chinese theory, u may lose hair becos organs such as liver and kidney r not healthy. When u improve ur blood supply, ur hair will receive more nutrition which will be more healthy. Anyone know beijing 101? I read and they also use He Shou Wu as one of their ingredients.

Exercise

Exercise is a healthy activity. It will improve blood supply which will result in healthy hair. Some articles say that when u exercise, u will convert some of ur testorence to give energy. Exercise also help to reduce cholesterol. And it is good for health and FREE!

Healthy Lifestyle

A healthy lifestyle will be good for ur body and for ur hair also. Try to slp before 12 and etc.

Sry for the bad english. My english is very poor :p
Some of the stuffs are juz rumor and dun depend solely on it. Try to include Minoxidil in.

hairloss18

Reaction score
I am currently using
Minoxidil 5% 1x at night S$52

Eating
Pantogar in the morning (mutli vitamins i tink) (forget the price already)
Vitamins B complex in the morning (inside it also contain biotin) (120 tablets S$36)
He Shou Wu, 2 tablets at night (100 tablets S$20)

My mother dun allow mi to eat Propecia :evil:
Cos i am still young and Propecia is a medicince which will result in side effect also

hairloss18

Reaction score
Pantogar information can be found here www.linkremoved i tink it give t...ce it was given by my Doctor so i juz eat it.

pilogenic101

Reaction score
hairloss18: I would try ingesting "sustained release" (timed release) B complex and C vitamins, including biotin, to get 24 hours of protection. Also cold-water fish oil capsules containing EPA/DHA. Also plant seed oils like stabilized flaxseed, evening primrose and borage seed oils. Ingesting oral msm may also be helpful. It is interesting that these are also some of the things needed for good gastrointestinal health. A connection? Also special natural shampoos and conditioners for topical therapy may be useful. There are some internet sources of supply for these items if you can't find them locally. Gentle daily scalp massage may also be helpful. Good luck.

hairloss18

Reaction score
thank pilogenic101 for ur reply

But could u provide mi with more details such as how does vitamin C and EPA/DHA help in hairloss.

I am very interested in finding natural ways to reduce or stop DHT.
I will be veri happy if anyone can give mi inforamation abt fatty acids helping in male pattern baldness

Hope there will be more informations regarding natural ways

pilogenic101

Reaction score
hairloss18: Vitamin C and cold water fish oils containing EPA/DHA omega-3 components may help to reduce skin (scalp) inflammation, which may be an important factor in hair loss. See Dr. Nicholas Perricone's books "The Perricone Prescription" and "The Perricone Promise". So probably does taking B vitamins, magnesium, zinc, plant seed oils (providing omega 3,6,9 components that help with prostaglandin synthesis), kelp, msm, apple cider vinegar, and other hair health nutrients. Note that some of these may also improve gastrointestinal health. Connection? I would try the natural Revivogen regimen of special shampoo and topical serum. This will provide anti-DHT factors as well as essential fatty acids. But Revivogen may require a healthy scalp to start with, for best results, so topical anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory measures should also probably be used. Folligen spray may also help here. A scalp detox powder mixed with liquid aloe vera gel, for occasional leave-in overnight use, may be helpful here. Sequence: I would do the scalp detox first, including special shampoos and conditioners, in combination with sebum (scalp oil) reduction, or normalization. Excessive scalp oiliness may provide food for unwanted scalp "critters" (flora and fauna) to proliferate. Your goal is to reduce scalp itching, excess scalp oiliness, and excess daily hair loss to practically nil. Then move to anti-DHT, anti-inflammatory, and pro-growth measures. Add the scalp massages to enhance and maintain improvement. Good luck --and let us know how it works out for you.

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
This is what I do :

DHT - (1)Epilobium (with built in chromium ) = 250mg 2 times daily and (2)Zinc Picolinate (helps with Prolactin also) = 15 - 25mg daily

Cholesterol - (3)Pantothenic acid which helps to shrink over active sebaceous glands

Inflammation - (4)Fish oil or Flax and / or (5)Evening Primrose oils to Increase benefical prostaglandins

Shampoo - (6)Piroctone Olamine shampoo to help with inflammation.

Lifestyle - with limited duretics / sugar/ fats.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've taken all these supplements for years and my hair continued to fall out. Only when I got on minoxidil, Nizoral and copper peptides did the fallout stop and regrowth started.

hairloss18

Reaction score
Those supplements can be classfied into 3 types.

1st type is those like soy products and green tea which is rumor to reduce or block DHT. They may not work.

2nd type is those that improve ur blood supply which will improve ur hair and make ur hair stronger.

3rd type is to prevent other hair problems such as lack of biotin or inflammation.

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
Those supplements can be classfied into 3 types.
1st type is those like soy products and green tea which is rumor to reduce or block DHT. They may not work.
2nd type is those that improve ur blood supply which will improve ur hair and make ur hair stronger.
3rd type is to prevent other hair problems such as lack of biotin or inflammation..

Before making up your mind on different naturals - here are a few things I would do:

1)Go to the big hairloss forums and type in Beta sis and epilobium and read through the posts to bring you up to speed.

2)Then email the supplement makers to clarify things that your not sure of.

3)Ask people experienced people who are actually taking the stuff.

4)If you want to go down the conventional route ie Propecia, I can list an email address where youll get good feedback on any questions.

5) Keep your expectations real - at best they will slow loss and kick start a little regrowth.

Take care

Pete

DHT - (1)Epilobium (with built in chromium ) = 250mg (AM) 500mg ( PM ) and (2)Zinc Picolinate (helps with Prolactin also) = 15 - 25mg daily

Cholesterol - (3)Pantothenic acid which helps to shrink over active sebaceous glands

Inflammation -Increase benefical prostaglandins ie. Omega 6

Shampoo - (6)Piroctone Olamine shampoo to help with inflammation.

Lifestyle - with limited duretics / sugar/ fats.