natural ways to lower testosterone

IBM

Reaction score
Hi. I'm interested in lower my testosterone. Is there a natural way (combination of food, supplements, etc..) to achieve the goal?

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of foods that are estrogenic. I believe these foods should be able to lower your testosterone, but I don't know if it'll significantly lower it. I also do not know if taking a lot of phytoestrogen foods will have an effect on your male pattern baldness. There are some bald vegans out there, and I'm sure they don't skip out on the foods in this list.

newguy23

Reaction score
i heard that eating licorice can lower testosterone effectively. but i also read that it is not a good idea cause other negative things can come outta it

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
Drinking lots of spearmint tea would probably help

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6376599.stm

The researchers found a significant decrease in free (active) testosterone in the blood and an increase in several female hormones including follicle-stimulating hormone.

However, there was no decrease in overall testosterone levels, suggesting that more of the hormone was bound to protein in the bloodstream and was inactive.

Spearmint could affect the metabolism of hormones such as testosterone or directly affect synthesis of androgen hormones, the researchers suggest.

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
Depends on how far you're willing to go. Because there are a few ways...

-Become moderately deficient in zinc
-Deprive yourself of sunlight
-Do at least 45 minutes of high intensity cardio every day

But you probably don't want to do those things.

But green tea has been linked to higher sex hormone binding gobulin (or however you spell it) so you might want to try that.

IBM

Reaction score
the licorice seems to me very interesting. It can reduce 40 % of testosterone. Anyone knows where they sell it?

IBM

Reaction score
i heard that soy with green-tea-extract also inhibit DHT formation. Licorice, the tea and soy combined with drugs would be a powerful and yet half natural regimen.

powersam

Reaction score
i read an article a long time back that said DHT increased with age because testosterone got lower. can't find it now but i'll keep looking. so lowering test might have a negative effect.

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree, lowering testosterone is probably not a good idea. Also, one study found that men with male pattern baldness actually have LOWER levels of testosterone then men with healthy hair.

IBM

Reaction score
other alternative is to convert part of testosterone to estradiol to avoid conversion to dht.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
EGCG from green tea does it... but you'd really need to use a concentrated extract rather than just drinking a few glasses.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
You can also take progesterone creams, but I'm not sure what, if any good it will do. Just like the other things I gave. I don't know if progesterone actually lowers your testosterone.