Need a little help....

Mr. Smezmar

Reaction score
I'm generally not one to ask many questions on this forum, I usually just find what I need to know using the trusty search option on one of my several visits a day here. But I figured I'd take a shot cause I need advice. What I want to know is two things: First is an opinion of those who have used minoxidil on the temples. I've been applying it twice a day religiously on my temples for over 7 months now and have had nothing but further recession and no regrowth at all. Should I slowly taper off my minoxidil usage because it doesnt seem to be doing much but causing further loss or wait it out till the one year mark? I just don't want to make my hairline any worse then it is, but I will stick with finasteride regardless. The second thing has to do with switching to something else instead of minoxidil. Has anyone here quit minoxidil 5% because of the lack of results and started using Xandrox 15 or something else and had results? Again, this is in reference to the temporal region.

In case you want to know, I have been using minoxidil 5% for over 7 months, temples only and have been on finasteride for 6 months. I use nizoral 2% every 2 days and apply folligen every night before bed. Im also taking MSM and a variety of other vitamins on a daily basis.

Any help, comments, opinions, slander (not so much slander) from anyone would be much appreciated and thank you ahead of time.

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score
Well the general rule of thumb on these forums seems to be that it takes a year for treatments to reach their full effectiveness, and that you still have 5 months left to realize the full potential of what minoxidil. can do for you. Personally, I don't know though, rogaine's own instructions say that you should know whether or not it's working by the fourth month and discontinue use if it isn't.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
id say from the fairly long time ive been using this forum the advice has always been once you start minoxidil dont quit. it could be saving your hair more than it would be without. i dont really see how it can cause hairloss. everyone i know whos stopped minoxidil on this forum has regretted it....

Mr. Smezmar

Reaction score
I'm gonna stick with it regardless, it just sucks to watch my temples get bigger and bigger. Oh well, maybe things will turn around in the coming months once summer ends. Thanx.

-Smez-