Need Advice, Amount Of Grafts And Hair Transplant Surgeon For Fue

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi ive been poking around on this forum for quite some time. Been on finasteride since 2012 and min since july 2016.
I believe finasteride has stabilised my recession, although slowly getting some more diffuse thinning on top over the years. Not sure min is doing me any good as of yet.
Ive always had a huge forehead, and it has been one of my greatest insecurities. I didnt face the fact that i was losing my hair until i was 20 (i am now 25), but it probably started one or two years prior to that. As treatments doesnt seem to help me with much regrowth, i think it's time for me to adress the issue, i myself believe im a great candidate for fue.
Im from northern europe, but travel and cost of the hair transplant is not really an issue. Ive also had a fair bit of recession on the front sides as you can tell (temple points) im also looking to lower the hairline, and fill in temples. I had a online consultation with a hair transplant clinic in turkey and was quoted for 3000 grafts.

Thoughts?

8wx2lAr.jpg

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a online consultation with a hair transplant clinic in turkey and was quoted for 3000 graftst

Thats absurd. Which clinic recommended that?

How much do you want the hairline lowered?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol I've seen videos where less that 3000 grafts are used on a NW5-6.

You're barely nw3

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Koray Erdogan.

Not that much, basically to fill in temples, fill in sides and make some temple points if possible. Maybe lowering the hairline slightly

FBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look very good for 25 dude. don't touch hair transplant until at least your mid 30's. Just my take. I'm 30 and feel like it's still too early and I have more recession than you.

shookwun

Reaction score
I am thinking to fix the temples, and lower the hairline a bit. 2000 grafts.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi ive been poking around on this forum for quite some time. Been on finasteride since 2012 and min since july 2016.
I believe finasteride has stabilised my recession, although slowly getting some more diffuse thinning on top over the years. Not sure min is doing me any good as of yet.
Ive always had a huge forehead, and it has been one of my greatest insecurities. I didnt face the fact that i was losing my hair until i was 20 (i am now 25), but it probably started one or two years prior to that. As treatments doesnt seem to help me with much regrowth, i think it's time for me to adress the issue, i myself believe im a great candidate for fue.
Im from northern europe, but travel and cost of the hair transplant is not really an issue. Ive also had a fair bit of recession on the front sides as you can tell (temple points) im also looking to lower the hairline, and fill in temples. I had a online consultation with a hair transplant clinic in turkey and was quoted for 3000 grafts.

Thoughts?

8wx2lAr.jpg
TBH I think your hair looks still thick despite the temple recession.
If you hate your forehead, go for the transplant, though. About the number of grafts: it depends on how much you want to lower your forehead. If you want to go back to NW1 and dense, 3000 are probably not too many. If you want to do a little retouch maybe it is too many. But surgeons know better than we can with just one pic!

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look very good for 25 dude. don't touch hair transplant until at least your mid 30's. Just my take. I'm 30 and feel like it's still too early and I have more recession than you.

Why would i want to wait a decade though? i pretty much havent receded since i started finasteride 4 years ago, although lost some density on top.
My face desperately needs a frame, and treatments wont get me there by the looks of it. Currently not able to wear my hair in any way it doesnt look ridiculous, ergo hat prisoner. Tried 0 guarding it this summer to see how bad it was, and it was dreadful. Alot worse then id hope for. It's kind of make or break at this point.

FBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
can you show a different pic of the hair laying flat with your head level with the camera or side pic? That might help as I think there's some styles you still have left at your disposal but I could be wrong. If your sides are keeping up with your sideburns and your vertex is in tact, there's plenty of hair cuts.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Erdogan... dat hollywood hairline brah. ;)

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can you show a different pic of the hair laying flat with your head level with the camera or side pic? That might help as I think there's some styles you still have left at your disposal but I could be wrong. If your sides are keeping up with your sideburns and your vertex is in tact, there's plenty of hair cuts.

I believe im a good candidate for a hair transplant, and i feel the time is now.

BBn9TqI.jpg

HFqCtsW.jpg

FBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your density looks decent and I presume you don't have loss in the back/vertex? Do one more photo with sides pulled back. Still kind look like NW2 with a naturally highish hairline but I could be wrong.
Albeit you're younger so I can understand how you must feel frustrated. If I did a 0 clipper I would be in therapy as well so don't feel alone there. I think going to a respectable/ethical hairloss Doctor maybe what you need at this point to clear the air. All I know is 20's are iffy to do hair transplant's for several documented reasons.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your density looks decent and I presume you don't have loss in the back/vertex? Do one more photo with sides pulled back. Still kind look like NW2 with a naturally highish hairline but I could be wrong.
Albeit you're younger so I can understand how you must feel frustrated. If I did a 0 clipper I would be in therapy as well so don't feel alone there. I think going to a respectable/ethical hairloss Doctor maybe what you need at this point to clear the air. All I know is 20's are iffy to do hair transplant's for several documented reasons.

Density is alright, i dont have significantly loss in the vertex no.
However the top is not as dense as back and sides.
Basically the tip of my hairline is where it always has been, it's just thinned out, and temple/side recession.

qFsCVkD.jpg

M6xRQyj.jpg

FBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Density is alright, i dont have significantly loss in the vertex no.
However the top is not as dense as back and sides.
Basically the tip of my hairline is where it always has been, it's just thinned out, and temple/side recession.

qFsCVkD.jpg

M6xRQyj.jpg

Yeah dude my hair looked almost the same at 25, give or take. I'm 30 with about the same and I'm probably fine from hair transplant. Again, careful with hair transplant offices as so many just want your money. Get a referral based, area-specific, doctor to give his take, or 2-3 in my case. If their website doesn't push non-surgical treatments at all then idk you might start something you may regret. You're kind of like me, I don't like my sides and wish my front was longer but idk, we're not really the best candidates w/out thinning areas on top or back. Totally my opinion and I'm not the expert but from my deepish research recently I'm leaning towards it. If it helps I spoke via email with the TOP hair Doctor in Chicago, Dr. Konior (look him up if you'd like) who didn't want to see me b/c my age, lack of progression, and because he's booked until next year mainly. He gave me a referral to see another Doctor in chicago who I can at least run past my regimen n ask some other questions. I'm going to pay a fair amount just for the initial consultation if I go next week, but at least I know ethics are most likely going to be in tact. We have thick hair still and just some less than ideal sides, we need to tread lightly still IMO. I am ironically fearful of the 'free' consultations as why would a regular hair loss knowledgeable derm. charge 250 and another charge 0. Math needs to add up to me.