Need advice from someone with thin hair who uses Rogaine.

Justa Memba

Reaction score
Hi,

I would classify my hair as thin in the Frontal section of my head. It started thinning when I was in my early twenties and has become a little more thin each year. Very slowly!!! I am now 33 years old and want to prevent further thinning and hopefully some regrowth. It is in the front only. Do I try to use the Rogaine? Will I shed more than likely? Is it worth trying the Rogaine or will I get little results? Some advice would be appreciated.

ps I have used Thicker Fuller hair shampoo for years.

G

Re: Need advice from someone with thin hair who uses Rogaine

If you want to maintain what you have, go for finasteride (1mg a day) you may get a little regrowth (some even get good regrowth)

Minoxidil will help you regrow hair, slowly, very slowly and not always a great amount, it's efficacy will tail off after a year or two and the thinning proccess will continue (but with your new minoxidil hair on board for the ride downhill)

minoxidil1.gif

your shampoo is cosmetic and has no bearing on your hairloss situation, that is it will not help slow the natural proccess nor accelerate it.

A shed on propecia or minoxidil is not a certain thing, I have never shed, I am sure many do not shed, I would think you are more likley to not shed, but I could be wrong here, even if you do shed it may be so slight you may never notice it.

Your best chance to keep and grow your hair would be Minoxidil (5% twice a day) Finasteride (1mg once a day) Nizoral shampoo (2-3 times a week)

Hello and Welcome to Hell

Ty

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Re: Need advice from someone with thin hair who uses Rogaine

tynanW said:
Your best chance to keep and grow your hair would be Minoxidil (5% twice a day) Finasteride (1mg once a day) Nizoral shampoo (2-3 times a week)
Listen to the man with the crazy graph, the finasteride/minoxidil/Nizoral route is your best chance for regrowth.

Also, not everyone gets a shed, I didn't.