Need advice on proscar dosage

Petchsky

Reaction score
I just got a shipment of Fincar. This stuff is cheap enough, and it seems like it would be easier to just cut the pills in half, instead of quartering them. Would be taking 2.5 instead of 1.25 be a bad idea? Currently I've been taking 1 propecia for the last 8 months.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, using 2.5mg of finasteride a day is a bad idea.

If you wish to abandon any guidance from the trials in regard to saftey/side effects and have no issue with paying 250% of what needs to be spent, possibly for your natural lifetime and at the very least for the next few years, then go ahead save yourself a few seconds a week and divide the pills in two.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I disagree, finasteride was shown in the original trials to be very safe in doses much larger than 2.5mg or even much larger than 5mg which is the normal proscar dose.

You will also get a little bit more DHT inhibition from a higher dose.

The only issue is whether you will notice more side effects, but if not then I don't think its a problem to take 2.5mg /day.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
global said:
The only issue is whether you will notice more side effects, but if not then I don't think its a problem to take 2.5mg /day.

More expense.

More side effects.

Little in the way of aditional DHT inhibition.

Go for it !

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
More expense yes, but he doesn't know if he'll have more side effects until he tries it.

When I went from 1mg finasteride to 5mg/day, I didn't notice any increase in side effects.