Need advice with Shedding and Propecia

qubic17

Reaction score
I have been taking propecia for a 3 months now. When I first taking it, I was just losing hair on my crown and temples area. Now that 3 months have passed I have noticed that my frontal and top hair is starting to get a lot thinner now and I can see my scalp when I move my hair to the side. It also feels thinner when I touch it with my hand. I also feel like overall all my hair around isnt getting as long as it used, even the parts that are not supposed to get affected by male pattern baldness. This is freaking me out, I thought it was supposed to help and not make matters worst. I do not know if this is how the drug works with the shedding but I would appreciate some advise or explanation.

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
the same thing is happening to me , i seem to be shedding non stop on propecia and my hairline just keep receeding with no regrowth on the hairline. I am wondering now if propecia works for me or if test is the main culprit for my hairloss !

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I hope you get back to baseline. I never did. Propecia definitely caused my snail paced minor thinning to become a much faster aggressive loss in the past 2 years on it. If I can only find some posters who stopped it and got better, I would do the same. So far I read one on HLH who stopped and said things are getting better after 3 months but he has not updated us recently.

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by getting better? do you mean that there is regrowht after stopping propecia? or do you mean that the loss is not as bad as when you are on propecia ?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
He was starting to get regrowth in areas that Propecia thinned out.

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
I started around july 2007 , then i stopped around october , then i got back to it around jan until now

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been taking finasteride since Sept '06

I cannot say that it has improved or worsened my hairloss, I do notice I shed far more whilst taking finasteride (propecia)

My vertex is thinning, but I never took any photos of my vertex before starting finasteride.

Doh!

JonnyX

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been on finasteride for a couple years now. finasteride has helped my crown and mid scalp a lot but my front hair line is still thinning. In my opinion, finasteride did not speed up this process on my hair line but it has not helped it either. :(