Need advice

blakemcknight

Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking this site for a while now. I need some advice.

I'm 34 and I started Rogaine 5% Foam last June because I was vain and wanted to fix my hairline or at least keep it in tact a little while longer. I've been on it a solid year and it has probably done nothing (everyone says to try it a year). I'm also on nizoral 2%

If anything the rogaine may have sped up my thinning because I've been shedding for a solid year at least 100+ in the shower and more throughout the day. I never ever had that problem until I started taking that crap. I would kill to have the hairline I did at 33. What a mistake... My hairline was slowly creeping back over the years at a snail's pace, with no shedding and no issues.

Now it seems I've been thinning throughout my head. It's thinner up top where it once was very very thick and my hairline is a mess. I'm afraid I'm diffuse thinning.

I keep getting that dreaded itch on all parts of my head. I assume the DHT levels in my scalp are probably high with the shedding and itching and my hair is always oily. Do I have to take the plunge into the scary finasteride to keep my hair? I've yet to read a story on here where someone doesn't have at least one side effect.

I'm afraid to dump rogaine since it may be keeping some hairs in place, but the thought of using finasteride makes me really hesitate. On the other hand it is depressing to think I may be diffuse thinning and that means I won't be able to buzz my hair.

I added pics. All of these are recent within the past month. It just seems to be getting harder and harder to hide my thinning. I just don't know what to do. Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 168
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 164
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 139
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 159
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 145

Chromio

Reaction score
dude the same **** happened to me when I started rogaine. I think its the reason why my hair loss accelerated so fast. hairline went to ****, begin thinning all over even the sides, and developed a nasty case o folliculitis from it. worst decision I made. I wouldn't worry tho man your hair still looks good.

popeye77

Reaction score
You can always quit the finasteride if there are any side effects. As I mentioned in a earlier post...I had a problem for about a week, took some Extenze for a couple days and I was fine. I'm over 50 and have no problems in bed.

blakemcknight

Reaction score
dude the same **** happened to me when I started rogaine. I think its the reason why my hair loss accelerated so fast. hairline went to ****, begin thinning all over even the sides, and developed a nasty case o folliculitis from it. worst decision I made. I wouldn't worry tho man your hair still looks good.

Thanks man. I really have to fluff up my hair to make it look decent, otherwise it looks like trash. Its a 15 minute process, that's getting tougher to pull off.

I'm sorry to hear you had that happen. Like you, I wish I would have left everything alone from the start. That's why I'm doubting whether to take finasteride. I can foresee my with my luck finasteride making it worse lol.