Need an excuse for visible donor strip and sutures

Underdog

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a minimal 700 graft procedure done by the Shapiro clinic (Paul) 2 weeks ago. The problem is that my donor strip is partially visible along with the sutures as I keep my hair pretty short in back. I was expecting it to be a couple month wait when I first inquired but he was able to schedule me in about a month and I just wanted to get it over with. I went to get the sutures removed today but there is an infection and they are not ready to come out. I purposely scheduled client visits not less than 2 weeks after my procedure, but now I will be seeing them this week and I need to come up with an excuse as to why I have this big red slice in the back of my head with sutures sticking out.

Any ideas?

FYI, my procedure went very smoothly, and I commend Dr. Paul Shapiro, Matt Zupan, and the entire staff on their skill and professionalism.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Your worried about the donor area?
What about the recipient area? surely that is more visibly odd looking?
And a strip procedure for 700 grafts WTF!?
If its only 700 the strip cant have been too big you could just say that you banged/cut your head eg fell of a ladder or something.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
700 ??????????????? and wy didnt you go for a quick fue session... strip for 700 is a litle crazy in my head. :uglylol:

Underdog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. To address the "why 700" questions, transplants done on the hairline 10 years ago are beginning to show as some of the existing hair have receeded a bit over the last year. Since my company is going out of business and I will need a new job soon (and I work from home 95% of the time), the best time to get the transplant done was asap. The new hair is covered up without a problem since it is mainly around the temple region. I'm also not sure what benefit a FUE procedure would have done. Wouldn't Shapiro have recommended this if that was the better option - plus he was able to "eliminate" the existing scar so I still only have one. Hope that helps explain things.

CCS

Reaction score
Tell them it was a motorcycle crash. The front is road rash, and the scar is where they went in for the brain transplant.

G

1st anf foremost, let me congrat you on doing your hair. I hope the best for you.
I dont think you have to make an excuse. People out there are getting crap done on them that they dont need.And thats supposedly accepted. I mean why do you think Plastic surgeons make alot of money. This is a problem for men and were doing something about it! I got my hair transplant done and my Girlfriend is coming with me to my second one.