Need help assessing and treating hair loss (w/ PICS)

bhairz

Reaction score
Hello all, new to this site.
Just want to say thanks for all of the great posts on here…i really wish i came across something like this sooner.:(

Anyways, I am 26 years old and just beginning to fight back against my hair loss (about 3 years too late)….my greatest area of concern at this point is the crown area.

I've attached a few pics of hairline and crown, note that these pictures are taken after applying romaine foam and using flash under high lighting)

I'm currently using romaine and Nizoral (under one month), which I don't have faith in accomplishing much at this point. I have an appointment with a dermatologist coming up this week to discuss getting on finasteride asap.

My questions for are,

1. what stage would you classify this hairloss? NW3-V?

2. Based on how much is already gone, should i have any expectations from using the big 3 (nizoral, romaine 5%, and propecia) for hair regrowth at this point, if so, approx how long until it will be noticeable?

3. If not, for above question, i may have to begin to start saving up for a dreaded transplant:shakehead:

4. Would you recommend adding a topical spironolactone (s5) cream in addition to the big 3?

5. I've reviewed the derma roller study in detail and see there is a litter of results/postings on here…has anyone had successful results using the roller??

6. Any other suggestions/comments, you may have

Thanks in advance for your comments/suggestions, and i will be sure to post updated results on a monthly basis as i swallow my pride and go through this agonizing process.

Cheers
photo.jpgphoto-2.jpgphoto-3.jpgphoto-4.jpg

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
If you started experiencing loss 3 years ago, chances are the big 3 will fill in the crown within 3months to a year, but it's all up to the mathematical and cellular information of your body.