Need help deciding what to use. I'm 24 with less hair than any male in my family.

1storlast

Reaction score
[PICS] Need help deciding what to use. I'm 24. Which Norwood am I?

Hello,
I'm a new poster here but have been lurking for quite a while.

I've been losing my hair since I was 18 or so, first it started with recession, then thinning at the vertex and further recession at the temples. Now I'm 24, the entire top of my scalp is extremely thin, thicker at the 'bridge', with an always visible scalp.

I've been taking my 'Finpecia' 1mg daily (purchased from this site) for a couple of months, along with S5 cream twice daily. I haven't noticed any change, but I do realize that it hasn't been long since I've started this treatment.

My reason for posting is to ask, is this all I can do? Is there something else I can/should be taking?

I've lived a horribly sedentary lifestyle up until about a year ago, and since I've been really taking care of myself, losing a good amount of weight and getting in shape. Eating the right foods and sticking to a good diet - cardio several times a week. My new lifestyle in combination with the right treatment I feel like there's hope for my hair.

After all of my reading and research, I was going to add saw palmetto and biotin. Any thoughts or other recommendations? My body responds pretty well to what ever I throw at it, and I'm in good health. I feel I'm up for something, anything, that produces results. Money isn't a huge issue. I don't care if it's a freaking laser helmet, shots, anything. I'm only against a hair transplant, or 'cosmetic' only fixes (like pigmentation, wig, etc).

Had to laugh at the pictures.. those two freckles above my right temple were never visible (completely covered in hair)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2368.jpg
    IMG_2368.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 196

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Man I feel for you, you're so young. You should have started on the Finpecia some years ago really - it may well have prevented you getting this far. Stick with it but remember Finasteride is more a preventative than a growth stimulant.

your only real options now is considering Minoxidil (rogaine) and also using nizoral shampoo. Don't throw your money away on crap like laser helmets and other unproven treatments

otherwise transplants or hair systems/pieces - but you say you don't want to consider those, which is fine - they are expensive

1storlast

Reaction score
Man I feel for you, you're so young. You should have started on the Finpecia some years ago really - it may well have prevented you getting this far. Stick with it but remember Finasteride is more a preventative than a growth stimulant.

your only real options now is considering Minoxidil (rogaine) and also using nizoral shampoo. Don't throw your money away on crap like laser helmets and other unproven treatments

otherwise transplants or hair systems/pieces - but you say you don't want to consider those, which is fine - they are expensive

I was just speaking with a family member, remembering being 19 or so and someone commenting on my hair thinning.. I literally didn't even consider that it was possible. I didn't even go look in the mirror. I laughed it off and walked away. I guess that's what you call denial. To this day, my father has no signs of hair loss. Grandfather didn't lose his hair until 50+ on either side of the family. Brother is 27 and has some recession at the temples but nothing even worth mentioning. Aunts, uncles, everyone has their hair.

Pretty crazy.

Anyways, so, prior to you posting I did more research and was going to pick up Kirkland minoxidil 5% + Revita Shampoo .. they both seem to have great reviews.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the response!

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody else..?