Need Help! Is My Crown Looking Like Balding Or Just Normal Cowlick?

Taekwondox

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have noticed I could see some scalp outside the cowlick under direct light as photos shown, it was dry and without any product.

QJoqkdp.jpg

qbE0Dyy.jpg

OaV5P7P.jpg

ZvRnXgk.jpg

Could anyone give me some advice on whether it is necessary for me to apply mino or finasteride? Or should I start by seeing GP or dermatologist?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your fine, my girl has a worse cow lick than you and she has more hair than anyone I know

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the piece of mind you could see a dermatologist

A cowlick can be very big

800px-Menschliche_doppelte_Haarwirbel.jpg

Taekwondox

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your fine, my girl has a worse cow lick than you and she has more hair than anyone I know

Thank you for your advice! I'm particularly worried about the part outside of the cowlick center that showing a bit of my scalp, it's not obvious in room light but could appear drastic (at least I think it's drastic) in sunlight. Is that natural for a cowlick, or could be the result of my haircut or a warning of thinning hair?

For the piece of mind you could see a dermatologist

A cowlick can be very big

Thank you for your advice. I might start with GP for advice, I'm worried about the part around the cowlick since there could be some visible scalp. Also, the side effect of treatment is concerning me since I'm not sure if initial shedding will grow back.

No way it's a cowlick. More like aggressive premature baldness.

Thank you for your advice, so to your eyes do I need to start seeking advice from a dermatologist or simply jump on the big 3 immediately?

Last edited:

Taekwondox

My Regimen
Reaction score
ijqto1x.jpg

I've consulted GP but he seems unsure and referred me to dermatologist, now I just need to wait for 2 month for the appointment :/

Here's my hair wet. Any thoughts on the cowlick?