Need Help with Alcohol Addiction – Looking for Guidance

adriankingston

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm struggling with alcohol addiction and could use some advice. I've tried cutting back, but I keep falling into the same patterns. It's affecting my health, relationships, and overall well-being.

I'm feeling lost and don't know where to start. Has anyone here successfully overcome alcohol addiction? What strategies or resources worked for you? I'm open to any suggestions or support that could help me get back on track.

Thanks in advance for your help and understanding.

michaeldavid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

First off, I want to say that reaching out is a huge step, so give yourself some credit for that. I’ve been in a similar place and understand how overwhelming it can feel.

What worked for me was seeking professional help with alcohol addiction. I started with a therapist who specializes in addiction, and they helped me understand the root causes of my drinking. Joining a support group, like AA, also made a big difference—having a community of people who understand what you’re going through is incredibly powerful.

Additionally, I found that replacing drinking with healthier habits, like exercise or a new hobby, helped me manage cravings. It's a tough journey, but with the right support and resources, you can get through this.