need mild regrowth

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm already on finasteride/nizoral and I don't want to make the commitment to minoxidil just yet - I'd like to ramp up and when things gets worse, then I'll jump on the minoxidil train. But for now, I just want to add a good shampoo with some mild regrowth properties. I've been thinking about American Crew Revitalize (copper peptides) or Tricomin Shampoon and Conditioner. What do you guys recomend? I don't mind if theirs no proof of regrowth, I just want to add another shampoo that will benefit me.
I'm thinking something that will add moisture to the scalp as nizoral seems to dry me out quite a bit (and winter is coming too).

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
A Shampoo for regrowth? I'm not sure but I think because shampoo is only on your head for a matter of minutes it can't really help- not enough time. Remember, treatments like minoxidil and revivogen need to sit on the scalp for at least two hours to be effective.

Check the product info on this website for tricomen and crinagen. Both of them have been tested as growth stimulants. I believe they both have shampoos that come with them as a package (in addition to the liquid you leave on), but I believe the consesus ifrom users is that they are good shampoos, but will not help with hair loss.

MH

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been very pleased with the American Crew shampoo and conditioner.
I don't know about regrowth or not, but it definitely makes my hair and scalp feel nice.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't there is any real hair growth shampoo that is proven to work. Get a shampoo that give you volume and if you do use style stuff after washing your hair than it really does not matter what shampoo or conductor you uses. Because the stuff you put on your hair will mess it up.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think Proctor's Nano shampoo might offer some regrowth. Do a search. I use it. It definitely makes the smalll hairs on my ear lobes grow much thicker, as it warns. =) So I think it works. Plus, I saw a pic of Brian's regrowth in the crown area using just periphen (sp?), which is based on the same compound.

It isn't cheap, but I think it helps as far as shampoos are concerned. I do like Revivogen conditioner, too. It leaves my scalp "tingly".