Need more regrowth!

popscene

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been on rogaine 5%, finasteride and nizoral for about 1,5 year. Now I need to add something to have more regrowth.

I am thinking to switch from regular rogaine to Dr. Lees minoxidil 5% in the mornings and xandrox 15% in the evenings.

I am also considering adding spironolactone 5% lotion.

Is it worth of it adding copper peptides like folligen etc. as I have not experinced any scalp irritation from minoxidil and finasteride????

And has somebody got some good regrowt using xandrox 15%?? Is it worth of it???

Looking forward to receving your comments.

Cheers:)

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
If i'm not mistaken.....the price for 125 ml is 88 bucks or soemthing for the 15 percent....so i mean its only 1 ml a day.......Rogaine even for me who gets that 10 bucks off still costs 15-20 bucks......so i mean for the same amount of time u'll be using it comes out to like....1 month is like 21 dollars on the 15 percent....and its that 20 bucks per month for rogaine 5 percnet....so i mean.....it cna't be taht bad of an idea either way

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
Go for the 5% spironolactone Cream, it will seal in the minoxidil application so the minoxidil gets better absorption (alcohol vehicle in minoxidil evaporates)..

popscene

Reaction score
Thank you!

Yeah, the cost of the xandrox 15% is not that bad considering you take it once per day but has anybody got some results on it?

Are there any studies on xandrox 15% cofirming that it works at least as well as the 5% minoxidil?

Anyway I will give it a try as I am not satisfied with my contemporary situation. And I will add spironolactone 5% too, wait another year and in case it does not improve my hairloss I will just stick with finasteride to keep as much as possible hair for the futures hair transplant or cloning.

What about the copper peptides? Will they do anything as I have no irritation from minoxidil?

Thank you for answers.

Popscene

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
I know that Copper peptide studies have shown at least the same effectiveness as spironolactone, if not more, however, I have heard that the concentration of Tricomin and Folligen is not as strong as the copper peptides in the study, so i think that spironolactone is the best bet, as long as you do not have any irritation. The 15% Xandrox should be more effective than 5%, so i use it in front of my hairline, I have seens a couple of new hair sprouting on 1 side.