Need party advice

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys

maybe some of your are familiar with this problem: you go to a party you get trashed, you kind of make a fool of yourself, your body is tired for few days, and you regret that for a week. Then it restarts.

Ok the reason it happens to me, i noticed, is because i am in bad mood, and recently i v always been like this. I drink because it relieves my anger and i become much more playful, talkative and flirt-ive is there is such a word.

when i am in good mood, i can get drunk, but don t have to. so all this is very common to some of you.

what i am thinking if there is a pill/drug that i could take to help me relax/loosen up/be in good mood for a couple of hours. I don t need it on a daily basis. if there is such a think that would definitely beat me drinking heavily and stuff...

yesterday people kept asking why i am in bad mood, until of course i got drunk and made everyone dance.. but i am tired of this bipolarity.

ideas appreciated.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
try to limit your alcohol intake. you probably know what your limit is, so work on that, try not to go over it.

For example, 5-6 beers is my limit, if I have more than 7 beers i'm proper drunk and i may make an *** of myself. so i try not to drink more than 5 beers.

also, bad mood and alcohol dont go well together.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well SSRI and MAOI might not be a great idea to take just for a sat night... isn't it ? I need one of these drugs that just relaxes you/cheers you without having to commit to it

regarding drinking less.. thanks for the suggestion :) i obviously thought about this and tried hard but ain't working. i tell you why. i only reach that good mood/happy phase after some say X amount of alcohol, but this X is already very high dose of alcohol that at this stage is very hard to control things anyway...

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
waynakyo said:
regarding drinking less.. thanks for the suggestion :) i obviously thought about this and tried hard but ain't working. i tell you why. i only reach that good mood/happy phase after some say X amount of alcohol, but this X is already very high dose of alcohol that at this stage is very hard to control things anyway...

thats why i said you have to work on it.

i used to be like you, i never drank in moderation and it had an effect on my life. i now realise that i was doing it to escape from the reality. also, i could have been laid so many times and i missed out because of my drinking habits. girls dont like drunk guys.

then i started working harder, trying harder, etc and i just couldnt afford to have hangovers anymore and i stopped drinking for almost 2 years.

right now, drinking in moderation is very easy for me. most of the time i dont really fancy alcohol in the first place.

there is no easy solution, you have to work on it. admitting that you have a problem is a start, at least you know what you do is wrong.

PS: stay away from the drugs!!!

HughJass

Reaction score
waynakyo said:
what i am thinking if there is a pill/drug that i could take to help me relax/loosen up/be in good mood for a couple of hours. I don t need it on a daily basis.

why not?

don't you want to feel good everyday instead of just a couple of hours a week?

in lieu of doing something more challenging (but ultimately more rewarding) for your mood, here are some non-pharmaceutical quick fixes which might help:

-large amounts of gelatine (even if there's no noticable effect on your mood it's still good for you)

-go for a run before you go out (jogger's high)

-try SAM-e, not sure if it's safe though some maybe research. Don't take tryptophan.

-smoke pot

oh, and stop trying to be happy. It doesn't work. :)