Need some advice (20, believe I'm thinning)

Lancer05

Reaction score
Hello good people. Recently, I've been noticing a thinning of sorts around the front of my head. This has led me to closely examine my hair and I've seen that there is a thinning occurring in the front of my head which I was not aware of before. To keep a long story short, baldness isn't really a common occurrence with many members of my family, as both my mother and father's side have males with full sets of hairs, even my grandpas manage to keep their hair, although they receded a bit with age. My father is the only exception, as he began balding shortly around his mid 30's and now looks like NW5 or 6, give or take a couple a hairs. And while I love my dad, I rather not follow in his footsteps and keep my current hair as is, or if I'm lucky, get back what I lost, if any.

So this is why I'm here, I have yet to try any regimens or pills of any form, but I am ready to take the plunge and bite this thing in the bud before it grows into a more noticeable problem. After countless readings of forums and medical sites as well as control testing, I've been wanting to give dutas a try, mainly for two reasons. One is that they seem to be most potent pills available at this time and I rather try them out instead of wondering whether or not switching from finasteride is a good idea. Two, because me being a college student, my funds aren't that big and seeing as certain members of this and other forums have seen improvement in their hair by just taking 2 or 3 duts a week, it would benefit me greatly by prolonging them for quite a bit instead of shelling out about 100 dollars every three months. Of course, I am still open to ideas as I have not begun anything yet, but I rather start sooner then later. The side effects still have me nervous, but I am willing to try and see if I might be a good responder.

I've attached a couple of pictures that show you the type of hair I have and hopefully give an idea as to how to proceed from here.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention, I've always had a weird hairline as my right temple recedes a bit more then my left.

Attachments

• 20140615_182921.jpg
    20140615_182921.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 20140613_083934.jpg
    20140613_083934.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 20140613_083941.jpg
    20140613_083941.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 20140613_084129.jpg
    20140613_084129.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 20140614_131738.jpg
    20140614_131738.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 20140614_131742.jpg
    20140614_131742.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 20140614_131811.jpg
    20140614_131811.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 189

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you can get finasteride at under 30 dollars a year if you get proscar and cut it into fourths.

Dutas is good, but twice weekly or three times weekly is likely not to be much better than finasteride. I am not sure of the exact DHT inhibition of such a dose, but daily it is still only 20% more effective. There is also a risk sides will last longer if you get them

don't bother with minoxidil or anything else an oral DHT inhibitor alone should be enough

Lancer05

Reaction score
you can get finasteride at under 30 dollars a year if you get proscar and cut it into fourths.

Dutas is good, but twice weekly or three times weekly is likely not to be much better than finasteride. I am not sure of the exact DHT inhibition of such a dose, but daily it is still only 20% more effective. There is also a risk sides will last longer if you get them

don't bother with minoxidil or anything else an oral DHT inhibitor alone should be enough

So you'd recommend going with finasteride rather then dutasteride? I don't really mind being on dutasteride for three times a week while having the same results as finasteride, it would make it a bit more manageable at least. Also, I am not sure where exactly can I get finasteride that cheaply a year, although it sounds great.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as far as oral DHT inhibitor goes, which one would you recommend?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am indifferent to finasteride or dutasteride. I recommend finasteride for a first line of attack but if someone wants to use dutasteride that is fine too. I personally use dutasteride .5mg daily and recommend it when finasteride is not working for someone after 10+ months. When you get sides with dutasteride they will last potentially 2-3 months after discontinuation rather than 2-3 weeks with finasteride.

get proscar from legit online pharmacies with a script or non-legit ones without a script. Buy a pill cutter split it into fourths (each fourth is 1.25mg) and take daily. This is how you can take finasteride for extremely cheap

Lancer05

Reaction score
I am indifferent to finasteride or dutasteride. I recommend finasteride for a first line of attack but if someone wants to use dutasteride that is fine too. I personally use dutasteride .5mg daily and recommend it when finasteride is not working for someone after 10+ months. When you get sides with dutasteride they will last potentially 2-3 months after discontinuation rather than 2-3 weeks with finasteride.

get proscar from legit online pharmacies with a script or non-legit ones without a script. Buy a pill cutter split it into fourths (each fourth is 1.25mg) and take daily. This is how you can take finasteride for extremely cheap

Just curious, how has your dutasteride worked on you? Any sides?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a three-month supply of Dr. Reddy's Dutas since you said either is fine and because alldaychemist sells them for a reasonable price. Just wondering what other online sources you'd recommend I look at since I have no prescription.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
No sides, I have had an increase in acne since starting, but that could easily be from something else. I experienced a brutal initial shed, around week 7 my hair loss slowed, to a complete stop in some areas (I am a diffuse thinner nw7 pattern) and shedding extremely slowly compared to before treatments in the areas that are still shedding. I have no shedding at the hairline whatsoever now, like someone who doesn't have male pattern baldness and am experiencing regrowth there. I am not sure if I am experiencing regrowth in other areas, I haven't looked as closely at those areas (obviously I see my hairline every day). I have been on it for 3 months exactly. I buy my dutas from inhousepharmacy.vu

Lancer05

Reaction score
No sides, I have had an increase in acne since starting, but that could easily be from something else. I experienced a brutal initial shed, around week 7 my hair loss slowed, to a complete stop in some areas (I am a diffuse thinner nw7 pattern) and shedding extremely slowly compared to before treatments in the areas that are still shedding. I have no shedding at the hairline whatsoever now, like someone who doesn't have male pattern baldness and am experiencing regrowth there. I am not sure if I am experiencing regrowth in other areas, I haven't looked as closely at those areas (obviously I see my hairline every day). I have been on it for 3 months exactly. I buy my dutas from inhousepharmacy.vu

Sounds like you might be getting some result sooner or later, nice. Just one more questiong, do you get your dutas with a prescription on inhouse since I've heard that that's the only way they will give you any pills nowadays.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
without a prescription, if u go to the .vu site instead of the .biz site they will sell you pills without a script if u pay with echeck in US

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Forgive my laziness Z. Can you tell me off the top of your head whether inhouse (.vu site) offers 2% nizoral shampoo without a prescript.? Thanks

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgive my laziness Z. Can you tell me off the top of your head whether inhouse (.vu site) offers 2% nizoral shampoo without a prescript.? Thanks

yes they do