need some advice

G

I have been on Proscar for almost 4 months now and the shedding has been so bad and so often that my hair is in really bad shape, it used to look really good and thick when it was dry now you can tell i am a diffuse thinner even when it is dry it is very depressing. I am thinking of stopping all treatment and just letting it go, then when it is done getting a hair transplant.

I have seen nothing bad bad results since i started my treatment not saying the products don't work just maybe not for me and i would rather save my money for the transplant. I am also not saying it is the fault of the products i just can not believe how fast it is happening. it is a very odd pater-en of thinning from front to back in a S shape. i will be posting pics soon.

I am 27 diffuse thinner.

Proscar 1.25 aday
follgin 3 times a week
nizoral 3 times a week
Tgel conditioner 3 times a week.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Add Nizoral 2% to your routine and give the Finasteride 1yrs before you make any decision.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey JK.... i can remember saying if you dont see any results think about minoxidil.... but your still only 4 months in and it can get pretty bad shedding wise, but there are plenty of people who shedded bad but then saw great regrowth.

G

Petchsky said it, give it at least 12 months, hang in there, many have and have come back from their terrible sheds with great regrowth, those who quit end up starting again a few months later, don't make this mistake.

good luck

Ty

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I can't see any real difference between the July and August pics. Just stick with your regimen, your hair is still in great shape. Your thinning is very minimal and I'm sure it's not even noticeable to anyone who isn't experiencing hairloss themselves. Lucky bastard :) Give it time and don't make any major changes to your regimen for a while.

G

hey

Thanx for the replay BadHairDecade yes i am still in the early stages but it is getting worse monthly, you cant tell by the picks but the thinning is worse then it looks i have thick hair so it is easier to hide. my hair line is in really bad shape and in a strong light you can see through my hair all over the place thats why i am thinking of adding minoxidil to get some regrowth happening all i have done since i started Proscar is shed and it had taken a big total and is showing no signs of stopping. I know it is bad to add to your reg but i dont want to wait till it is so bad i cant fix it..