Need some help

G

I need some help.

I have been taking Proscar for about 3 and a half months along with folligen and nizoral and my thinning has gotten worse especially in the front.
My question is should i add minoxidil 5% i saw a dermatologist and they said i should and that it would help stop the shedding.

I have herd on here many times it is not good to change a reg and aslo u need to give it time so i would like some advice?

any help would be grate

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been taking Proscar for about 3 and a half months along with folligen and nizoral and my thinning has gotten worse especially in the front.

First question:

Is the Proscar name brand Proscar from Merek or some 3rd world country junk you ordered off the Internet for cheap?

Second Question:

Is the Nizoral shampoo 2% or 1%?

I will say that some men do experience shedding during the first few months of treatment. The hair that is shed should come back thicker and stronger.

The important part is that you are actually taking Finasteride and not some fake drug from a 3rd world country!!! It is also important that you're using the 2% Nizoral. The 1% may be as effective, however there are no studies that I know of that were done on the 1% to verify that.

My question is should i add minoxidil 5% i saw a dermatologist and they said i should and that it would help stop the shedding.

The 5% minoxidil could very well increase your shed. Weather or not to use minoxidil is up to you.

I have herd on here many times it is not good to change a reg and aslo u need to give it time so i would like some advice?

It is sound advice to give a treatment plan atleast 6months before gauging the success or failure of such treatment. The optimal time to give a treatment to gauge success or failure is one year.

I think you have a pretty solid routine going for you.

Make sure you're using the Nizoral every other day to every third day. Also make sure you are leaving it on for atleast 5minutes (10minutes is optimal).

Some guys feel as though taking Finasteride in the evening is more effective. I dont know what time you take your Finasteride but you can try moving it to after dinner.

Before you hit the sack, on the nights preceding the morning you wont be using the Nizoral, make sure to apply the Folligen in the thinning areas.

bombscience

Reaction score
the most important thing to know in a situation like this is: what stage in your hair loss are you right now? are you just beginning to thin? are you a diffuse thinner? frontal/temple recession?

first off, 3 months is NOT long enough to see results from finasteride. i would wait until AT LEAST 9 months to make any judgement on if it's working for you.

secondly, minoxidil will most likely induce an initial shedding period. this is NOT necessarily a bad thing if you can deal with less hair for a small amount of time. minoxidil will cause hairs resting in the telogen phase to shed. but it's like restarting your computer... these hairs will grow back. it takes about 100 days for this to occur

G

me

I would say I am at the beginning of my hair loss and it only started about 4 months ago I am taking proscar made by merk and I am just starting to thin in the front manly I think I am a diffuse thiner.

The nizoral I am using is 2%

So i dont know if i should add minoxidil or wait longer i dont want to wait to long but i also dont want to screw up my reg and cause more harm then good.

drinkrum

Reaction score
jkriley said:
I need some help.

any help would be grate

With finasteride treatment, often it gets much worse before it starts to get much better. So I would continue your regime and ride this out for a few months and then report back.

D.

G

TynanW, nice avatar. It helps every that has been wondering how to cut proscar into fifths. But i still don't like you. You don't even use Proscar you damn poser. You wear a piece and use xxxx.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Re: time

tynanW said:
jkriley said:
dose it matter what time a day you take proscar?

no

maybe it is somewhat better to take it around 9:00am because the testosterone level is slightly higher although this this probably doesn't really matter. I do take it always at the same time for constant serum levels.