Need you opinions regarding my hair, is it male pattern baldness or just a fine hair?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If able try to see your Doctor and get him to order blood test to rule out any potential underlying culprits. While there kill 2 birds and see if he'll order you a script for finasteride and nizoral shampoo. Both modestly respected treatments for male pattern baldness (male pattern baldness) another one being topical minoxidil which you easily get yourself otc. Take notes and continue to be proactive. You are in a good place and your youth is on your side. Get those blood tests and an updated physical exam. You will be happy you did. Best Wishes!

- - - Updated - - -

If able try to see your Doctor and get him to order blood test to rule out any potential underlying culprits. While there kill 2 birds and see if he'll order you a script for finasteride and nizoral shampoo. Both modestly respected treatments for male pattern baldness (male pattern baldness) another one being topical minoxidil which you easily get yourself otc. Take notes and continue to be proactive. You are in a good place and your youth is on your side. Get those blood tests and an updated physical exam. You will be happy you did. Best Wishes!

- - - Updated - - -

I meant moderately respected treatment (finasteride., nizoral.).:doh:

der29

Established Member
Reaction score
you're definitely balding. i dont get why people wait when they've lost that much...once you see a Norwood 1.5 forming get on finasteride or at least nizoral. its not too hard.

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hairloss pattern looks like mine. Get on the big 3 pronto, brother. Your crown looks normal to me, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Appointment with doctor in place, good for you. You are weighed and now officially scheduled in the ring. You have legitimately empowered yourself to combat this beast of a stressor. All the best Champ!

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i know you dont wanna get on meds, if that is the case keep monitoring your hair by taking pictures, hopefully things will be fine. But remember you will regret if it progresses further as they say that regrowing is harder than maintenance, do your research on finasteride in the meantime in case you ever decide to get on meds.

well yes looking at family members is a good way to determine how your hair would be, but male pattern baldness can skip generations and i know a couple of guys who are balding but their brothers/ dads are just fine.

best of luck!!

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes, wait for a year or two maybe, i see you are a swede, swedes have awesome hair :p, there is this swedish gaming clan i follow and all of them have awesome hair!! anyway hope you are not as unlucky as we are :).

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Congratulaions Derkmossan, I think a celebration is in order. All the best.

PhillyCarter

Banned
Reaction score
male pattern baldness usually comes from your mother's side. Although the signs you have are very subtle I see a little receding in your temples. As a couple people said before me, I would talk to your doctor regarding your concerns. This article has some useful information on male pattern baldness too. I would suggest checking it out and doing more research on male pattern baldness there are plenty of information and speculation, just make sure you're at reputable sites like this forum.