Needling / Wounding / WNT / Lithium / Apple Poly -- Anyone?

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
In my search to find non-androgen related treatments (I've developed a sensitivity to anti-androgens that is ridiculous), I've come across some posts elsewhere about hair growth via the WNT protien pathway.

The idea is based on U of Penn research (which has been licensed by Follica Inc to develop a commercial treatment).
WNT is a protein that signals stem-cells to regenerate skin (and hair follicles). You can activate WNT by wounding the skin (in a gentle way... usually needling or dermabrasion) and possibly applying a WNT encouraging topical (like Lithium or Apple Polyphenols).

Also, if you remember the hilariously named Dickkoph-3 (DKK)... DKK is an inhibitor of WNT. But apparently one can inhibit DKK using topical caffiene.

There seems to be some decent science on it and guys on other sites seem to be reporting success. I was wondering if there's anyone here giving it a try. I started this week.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Since starting this about a week and a half ago, my shedding (hands covered with hair in the shower) has really drastically decreased.

I've probably jinxed myself by posting this. Tonight I'm probably going to shed like a Christmas tree in February.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Needling / Wounding / WNT / Copper peptides -- Anyone?

Another week and a half, shedding / itching / inflammation still non existant. Never did add the lithium to the mix... wasn't really sure on how much to add and things seem to be going well as-is.

At this point I think I'll just have to wait a few months and see if it was just a seasonal coincidence that my shed ended or if something is really up here.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
very interesting, thanks for keeping us updated, please continue to do so...im anxious to see the results

powersam

Reaction score
jakeb said:
In my search to find non-androgen related treatments (I've developed a sensitivity to anti-androgens that is ridiculous), I've come across some posts elsewhere about hair growth via the WNT protien pathway.

The idea is based on U of Penn research (which has been licensed by Follica Inc to develop a commercial treatment).
WNT is a protein that signals stem-cells to regenerate skin (and hair follicles). You can activate WNT by wounding the skin (in a gentle way... usually needling or dermabrasion) and possibly applying a WNT encouraging topical (like Lithium or Apple Polyphenols).

Also, if you remember the hilariously named Dickkoph-3 (DKK)... DKK is an inhibitor of WNT. But apparently one can inhibit DKK using topical caffiene.

There seems to be some decent science on it and guys on other sites seem to be reporting success. I was wondering if there's anyone here giving it a try. I started this week.

in your post you talk about the positive effect of WNT, and then about how DKK inhibits WNT. why would an inhibitor of WNT be a hair loss treatment?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
jakeb said:

in your post you talk about the positive effect of WNT, and then about how DKK inhibits WNT. why would an inhibitor of WNT be a hair loss treatment?

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
That's what I get for writing a run-on sentence... to be more clear: caffeine inhibits dkk. So, less dkk should mean more wnt.