NEOSH101

Ende

Reaction score
Tetrapeptide Aldehyde Proteasome Inhibitor, or NEOSH101

Does anyone know the CAS number to this chemical? It's an interesting compound. A growth stimulant, which is superior to Rogaine.

This article reveals that a 2% solution (20mg/1ml) was the highest concentration used during the experiments, and since it was compared to a 5% minoxidil solution and placebo, it's likely that the vehicle was 50% PG, 30% ethanol and 20% water.

Someone may be able to produce this for us, but we need a CAS number.
Help me, I would like to try this.

Ende

Reaction score
Sure. I would probably need some people to order the compound with me anyway, to be able to afford it, but we need the CAS number!

Ende

Reaction score
The compound was originally named OSH101, and it was owned by OsteoScreen. Neosil acquired the patent later. It's now owned by a company named Peplin, and they're not working on it.

NEOSH101 is a topical solution made by Neosil, Inc. that shows great promise as a breakthrough future treatment for hair loss. The active ingredient in the topical solution is called Tetrapeptide Aldehyde Proteasome Inhibitor. This substance is applied directly to the scalp and it stimulates the hair follicle to produce hair.

Neosil, Inc. has been in the process of conducting 2 clinical trials in Germany. Two studies were being performed, which both started in 2007. One was evaluating the general efficacy and safety of the drug and the other was evaluating efficacy and safety of the drug at different doses. NEOSH101 was applied once daily for 16 weeks. Initial results show significant increases in thickness, rate of growth, and the amount of hair growth. In addition, there are no observed side effects as of yet.

OsteoScreen identified OSH 101 as a candidate drug for hair re-growth in a proprietary screening program. In animal studies, it was observed that topical administration of OSH101 strongly stimulates dormant hair follicles, increases hair follicle thickness, and overall hair growth. The picture to the right demonstrates the increase in the size and thickness of hair follicles treated topically with OSH101 versus untreated controls. The purple colored bulbs are hair follicles. In the untreated control, the follicles remain small and inactive, while the follicles in the treated group were stimulated and show marked increase in their size and thickness. Treatment with OSH101 for 21 days re-grew healthy, thick hair; whereas the untreated control group barely began to re-grow any hair. OSH101 is a powerful stimulator of new hair growth.

OSH101’s hair growth effect was also compared to the hair growth effect of Rogaine®. The two groups were treated with OSH101 and Rogaine® respectively once per day for five days. After an additional sixteen days elapsed, hair growth was measured. OSH101 resulted in much faster and thicker hair growth than Rogaine®.

Another area of need is chemotherapy-induced hairloss. Many cancer patients who have undergone chemotherapy suffer from acute alopecia. It takes time for the hair to grow back, even after the chemotherapy has ended. The efficacy of OSH101 was determined in a model of chemotherapy-induced baldness. This model is well-described in the medical literature. OSH101 was applied to groups previously treated with cyclophosphamide (a widely-used chemotherapy) to induce hairloss. OSH101 stimulated extremely rapid hair re-growth compared to vehicle alone.

Ende

Reaction score
NEOSH101 Phase IIb Results Are Pending

NEOSH101 is a proteasome inhibitor (a potential osteoporosis cure), being presently developed into a hair loss remedy by the dermatology-focused specialty pharmaceutical company called Neosil. It is currently undergoing Phase IIb clinical trials for its targeted FDA approval conducted in Germany. The results of the Phase IIa were encouraging, particularly the finding of increased numbers of terminal hairs among new hairs. NEOSH101 proved to be a more powerful and much faster-acting hair growth stimulant than minoxidil with only once-daily application.

At the moment the results of the first study from the Phase IIb series are pending. In this study, three equal-sized treatment groups (60 men each) receive either topical NEOSH101 (2.0%), minoxidil (5%) or a placebo twice daily for sixteen weeks. In another study within the framework of Phase IIb, involving 140 men, the effects of three topical doses of NEOSH101, applied once daily for sixteen weeks, at various concentrations, are being examined. A twelve-week observation period will follow the treatment period. The results of this study should be published this year. Although not expected to become an ultimate cure for baldness, NEOSH101 might in the future replace minoxidil as a hair growth stimulant due to its superior potency.
Peplin made this treatment history. This is where the story ends.

Ende

Reaction score
You're not up-to date. Everyone from hairsite.com got the PS1 from Derkheim. They are already posting results in a private forum. This is what user "Moonraker" posted as quotes from this forum:

"This is Derk's proxy coming to you from the sunny midwest where the cows are fatter and the milk is richer. Just wanting to let you in on some of the talk going around in the PS1 forum. These are direct quotes.

1. Something definetly happening up there, started Jan 4!

2.I can absolutely say that I see a difference. I wish I would have taken some pictures but I know what it looked like before and how it looks now.

3.Can't really say yet if I see new regrowth but the hair I got on top which is almost all of it but diffusing (or thinning) is thickening up fast at the roots. I did a part hair test and what a difference it is from 2 weeks ago. I'm 17 days in. If the little kink I have on both temples fill in with new regrowth, which I'm still hoping for I will be overjoyed. So far, it did miracles for me in a short period of time in creasing the quality of my hair. What I mean by qaulity is thickening what you've got.

4.it's my 9th day. I am getting regrowth on my temples and the dense is increasing too

5.BTW I like what I'm seeing. I also use a lot of #### but now things are kicking in nicely! I don't want to be premature yet but this is promising!

6.I don't want to be premature but things are interesting right now.

7.the area where I apply the PS1 has obiously gotten much fuller. below my hairline the vellous hairs turned to terminal hairs.

8. the only thing I'm growing is impatient. (He's decided to increase his concentration of PS1)

I noticed one of the members from the forum had posted this at another hair loss site and I thought it looked like a good idea."

The German PS1 group had the same kind of postitive results...But they didn't have enough PS1 to continue the treatment (only 50mg, Derkheim's group has like 300mg I think). Now they have to buy more first.

This stuff IS promising! That's for sure!
http://jefffsbeardboard.yuku.com/topic/ ... nt?page=46

Ende

Reaction score
waynakyo said:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-25344-page-0-category-0-order-last_answer.html

let's focus instead on CB
That's it, I guess.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't give up the fight for alternative growth stimulants!

We have had a true minoxidil alternative that is widely available as medication and even as bulk powder for years. If that wasn't great enough, it works by a completely different mechanism and would have far fewer side effects or at least the side effects would be completely different than with minoxidil.

For years women have been regrowing eyelashes with bimatoprost. I'm guessing the cost for the individual purchaser to treat hair loss would probably run five to ten dollars per day, but if we ordered in huge bulk...

Ende

Reaction score
Bimatoprost... I've heard finfighter and blaze talking about it too. Someone should make a thread, and explain everything.

Ende

Reaction score
I just read some lines about a study on macaques, where 500 mcg a day, resulted in "moderate to marked hair regrowth" within 3 months. 0.5 mg a day... How much does 45 mg cost?

I'm definitely in, if an effective vehicle is known.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
I just read some lines about a study on macaques, where 500 mcg a day, resulted in "moderate to marked hair regrowth" within 3 months. 0.5 mg a day... How much does 45 mg cost?

I'm definitely in, if an effective vehicle is known.

Around $720. Obviously, we would pay much, much less. That's if I went online today and purchased 45 bottles, a 4 year supply of eye-lash treatment, assuming they could even fill the order. That would be going through a bottle every two days, $240 a month. Not too shabby actually, all things considered.

An effective vehicle shouldn't be a problem at all.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I meant. I was just saying that even at that high figure, the cost is still in the same range of the next-generation anti-androgens being sold currently, but we obviously should aim to lower it.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
Bimatoprost... I've heard finfighter and blaze talking about it too. Someone should make a thread, and explain everything.

Started one in growth stimulants section.